Autumn Harvest RP Thread.

Started by Cornflower MM, October 23, 2013, 02:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jovani Fur-Ripper

*OOC:    Danke, Cornflower-Sauvignon Blanc!
My post is actually shorter than I had intended, and took longer than than was contented. This, no doubt, was due to my intelectual prowess gone amiss(Someone prepare the klout!). For you see, all you good RedWallian ghosts; I do hereby decree! I have difficulty following your posts!
Oh, to be certain this is of no consequence to, or of you, or me, you fine fellows! Otherwise here I would not be. Now under the "normal" circumstance, and when such opportunities permit, I shall bore you all with a post so long, you won't stand a chance – and you'll be able to read my 'shorter' posts lickety-split!

Successfully slipping away unseen by the vermin squealing at the camp, the great red badger retraced his steps back to the road, deciding he would take a walk in the rain rather than hole-up in a burning forest swarming with lying, cheating, stinking, creature-harming varmints any day of the week.
Seeing the ilks' camp alight with flames had raised his spirits some and he could almost smile at the thought of picking off a few during the chaos. The world would be better off if less of those plundering murderers were around.

He glanced up at the darkening sky, then towards the large walled building in the distance, gauging how long he would have to walk in the rain before reaching the refuge.
Deciding he had some time, the badger sniffed the air again and looked towards the forest where he had come from. Experience told him the fire had been brought under control, from the billows of dark smoke that rose periodically to join the large ever-rising mass above the forest.

Growling at their speedy extinction of the fire, the badger turned back towards the looming building in the distance and began at a brisk pace down the road. If he hurried, he wouldn't be too wet by the time he reached the shelter. It was odd, but at this distance and especially in the fading light, the walls surrounding the abode appeard to be red. Quite odd for any such building, the badger thought. Then again, he might have finally found the elusive 'RedWall Abbey' he had spent the last three years scouring the land for. The prospect could have brought a smile to any adventurers face, but the badger only huffed once and continued his marching-pace down the road, a voice not long lost to the stores of time echoing in his mind.

"-an Abbey. That is where you will go. It's walls will be red, like the rust on an old blade or the sun at it's evening peak, just before it sinks behind the mountains. It is called: RedWall Abbey; and is run by all sorts of creatures of good and kind-heart, they take in any good creature in need of a place to stay, whether for a little while or for a long spell of time, should they desire it. It is in this place, this Abbey, in which you will find what you seek."

The walls of the Abbey were indeed red; he could see that now as he approached the great wall of stone.  They towered over him for many feet, making him feel as small as a newborn badger-babe when he gazed up at the top of the structure from in front of the massive wooden gate, no doubt carefully made to protect it from any beast attempting to break it down. Though the walls looked rough enough that a creature, nimble on their paws and knew the fine art of climbing that badgers care little for, could climb up and over the ramparts above.

Drawing himself to his full 14 inches(smaller than the average badger, but he pretended not to notice) to try to shake the intimidating feeling of being small the walls brought on him, the erysthritic badger raised his left paw and knocked loudly on the gate in front of him.
He had been fortunate to have beaten the rain to the gates, but if this large Abbey was anything like the walls of Salamandastron, he might be wet by the time someone appeared at the ramparts and let him in. He growled quietly under his breath. They had better hope that didn't happen. He hated the rain.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Jovani, that was pretty good! But when you're posting as your character after being out of it, put "BIC:" And no need to have your OOC: posts in blue.

BIC: Abbess Lavender woke up, and went outside. She'd had one of those dreams, where you feel like you should go somewhere when you wake up. So hence the going outside. "What's going on here?"

Gnoflet

Quin had heard voices. Not being able to sleep he headed to the gates. He heard the Abbess's words and ran up beside her. "Is everything ok?" he asked.
==========================================================================
Leco went to a chamber inside the castle to claim it. He took some of his mates with him. When they got there they were already discussing what to  do. They went through a few plans and concluded that they would fallow Greyko for now.
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Brinty

OOC: When Galendar battled the eel he got a long scar on the back of his head.

BIC: "Vermin... sea... com'n..." Galendar mumbled trying to answer the abbes. Suddenly he realized that the scar on the back of his head had been tore open when he hit the gate. Then he toppled over completely unconscious.
     "He will dye if we don't get help! Somebody get the infirmary keeper!" Salamook exclaimed,
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Greyko sat on the old throne of the castle witch was rather uncomfortable since it had splintered on the seat from the sudden weight.
     "Do we have anything to drink" he asked a large cat who had camped near the window,
     "They found some ancient grog in the cellars." The cat answered,
     "That will have to do. Go and get me some, we will have plenty to eat after we conquer Redwall" Greyko replied.
Frodo: "Sam you must understand I'm going alone"
Sam: "Of course you are, and I'm coming with you!"

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

Bard: "You have no right, no right to enter that mountain!"
Thorin: "I have thee only right.

Gnoflet

Quin ran to Glander. "He's bleeding bad. Get a fire started, and get my small shovel. We're going to have to cauterize it."

Brinty

Salamook wasted no time in doing as Quin said. He glared again at Aio and muttered so no one else could hear.
     "Your so helpful!"
Galendar saw a mouse in polished armor. His hands were on the hilt of a buitiful sword.
     "Don't give up now!" the mouse said, then Galendar saw a hedgehog. His eyes blinked open.
     "Where am I?" he asked,

Hook: "Come on peter pan fly to the rescue and I'll shoot you right through your noble intentions!"

BlueRose

Aoi shrugged at the other squirrel's comment. "I'm not here to be helpful."
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Sorry It took so long to take my turn, I've been doing school. Just so you all know. Jovani is at the west wicker gate.

BIC: Lana had not recovered much when the otter collapsed, seeing the awful wound on the back of the otters head, Lana looked concerned at Salamook. "Is he going to be alright?". Then Lana heard a quiet banging noise coming from the west. Despite his aching muscles, Lana hurried off as fast as he could to the west wall. He followed the banging noise to the small wicker gate, reaching for the latch he almost opened it. Then thought better of it. What if it's a vermin? Spotting the west wall stairs, he hurried up the steps. Panting heavily again, he looked over the battlements to see who was knocking. Spotting Jovani, he called down to him. "Who are you and what are your intentions?"
Prom! Here I come!!!

BlueRose

OOC: School, the bane of us all.

BIC: After seeing that Lana was back on his paws, Aoi gave in to her urge to fall asleep. Setting fire to a vermin camp and then running to and climbing into the Abbey was more than she had ever done before, and she was exhausted. To heighten the dramatic effect, Aoi made quite a show of toppling over, before closing her eyes and falling into a very deep sleep.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

rachel25

Sie smiled, he liked Harin, even though she had whallowed him on the head with a log earlier, he still liked her.
-------------
Avoir, Ruse, Nazwa, and Fretka, were sitting under a fir tree, plotting murder. "Someone will have to go spy on em', then report back here." Nazwa suggested, and signed for Ruse's befit.
"But who?" Ruse signed, to Fretka who then told everyone else what she had said.
"Um, Nazwa I guess. He's the best at stealth, and he's been the spy before." Avoir shrugged, and signed.
"Alright, I'll set off when it stops raining." Nazwa agreed.

Brinty

Salamook rolled his eyes at Aoi. He would never admit it or show it on his face, but he was actually beginning to like this stubborn squirrel.

Gnoflet

Quote from: Brinty on January 29, 2014, 02:37:45 AM
Salamook wasted no time in doing as Quin said. He glared again at Aio and muttered so no one else could hear.
     "Your so helpful!"
Galendar saw a mouse in polished armor. His hands were on the hilt of a buitiful sword.
     "Don't give up now!" the mouse said, then Galendar saw a hedgehog. His eyes blinked open.
     "Where am I?" he asked,
"You're at Redwall Abbey," Quin replied, "you've got a big gash in the back of your head and we're going to cauterize it." Then turning to the Salamook he asked, "can you go get a stick small enough to fit in this otters mouth? I need to give him something to bite down on."

BlueRose

OOC: The squirrel maid is already out cold. And she doesn't carry arrows.

Gnoflet

BlueRose

OOC: Yah, sorry. Use a stick? (Might have to pick the splinters out of his mouth though...)