News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wildcat Attack!

Started by Cornflower MM, January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Rosemary was shocked, but hide it well. "Dave, has anyone told you you have very nice eyes?" She asked. She really did like his eyes.....Although the Abbess had no idea why. "And, Dave, nothing's impossible. Nothing. Just look at the Abbey. If Martin the Warrior thought it impossible to build this place, then no one would be here today. Nothing's impossible." She said, then took a bite of her oatmeal, holding up a paw so Dave wouldn't speak. She swallowed, and continued; "Now, if you've gotten that through your head, creatures from a long ways around come to the Abbey to be helped, especially if they have an injury. We are known Healers, David! There may or may not be something in the Abbey Records. At least let me try, Dave. I won't do it if you don't want me to, but I'd like it much better if you'd say yes. After all, it can't hurt to look, can it?" She asked, her tone patient, and wise. She hoped that David wouldn't take this the wrong way.
-----------------------------------------------
"I was hoping you'd know." Arya said, then sighed. "Oh well....Perhaps I'll manage to get along, eh?" She said, joking a bit. She also was keeping an eye on the Abbess and the cat, and then stood up (Even though she'd just sat down ten seconds ago) and made her way over to the Abbess. "Mother Abbess, if you have some spare time today I'd like to talk to you." She said, her voice firm. She looked at David, but wasn't surprised, or repulsed. She acted like his face was just like one she saw every day. Then she turned and stalked away, passing Argunath. She said, rather icily, "Good morning, Argunath." Then she stopped, and said, "For the sake of my Abbey., may I ask that you try to keep your temper under control? Thank you." Then she stalked away, also passing Yassen, and she stopped to introduce herself: "Hello, my name's Arya, and I'm the Abbey Warrior. Please mind your manners, and keep a civil tongue in your head. If you do not, then I'm afraid to say that you will answer to me and my sword. Have a nice day." She said icily, then stormed off to where Kaylan sat, and sat down again. Hard.

Jetthebinturong

Dave blinked, then blinked again then grinned like a Cheshire cat Thanks, for the compliment and the offer but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. As much as it sounds stupid, I like being mute, sure it can be annoying at times, having to convey things without relying on tone and volume but it makes me unique and it feels like it's become part of who I am. Also unless you can work magic then there is no chance you'd be able to do it, the squirrel who healed me explained it. My larynx was cut open and can't be closed up, that means I can't talk.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

"And for the sake of every beast alive, I hope I can keep my temper under control," he said quietly. So, she knew about his berserk attack; indeed, how could she not have found out? He had nearly killed Kaylan, and, had he not somehow calmed himself, he would have killed the Abbess as well as countless others.
He handed his platter of food to a passing hedgehog, who'd jaw dropped in surprise; he had lost his appetite. Argunath needed something to do, to use his muscle on something.
He asked around for a shovel, and, after a little while, was gotten one. Walking out the main gate, he made his way to the place where he had encountered the cats. . . and killed them all. Looking upon the bodies of the dead, flashes of what he had seen in his raging Bloodwrath filled his mind. He gasped, shaking his head to clear the images. Then they were gone, and he was free to work. Pushing the shovel into the dirt, he began to make a grave.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Alright. If that's what you want." Rosemary said, somewhat disappointed. But he said sense, and it was his voice.

Jukka the Sling

Kaylan had watched Arya as she ate, somewhat amused by her performance. She hadn't heard all that the squirrelmaid had said to the cats, but she saw from Arya's expression that it was none too friendly. When her friend returned to their table and sat down hard, the ottermaid grinned at her. "What'd you say to 'em?" she asked, chuckling.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

After a little, Argunath needed to rest; his wounds still ached and he risked them opening back up if he worked too hard.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, I just asked Argunath to control his temper a bit, and told the rude one that he better keep a civil tongue in his head and mind his manners or else he'd really get to me and my sword. I didn't say anything to the mute one because he was talking with Rosemary." Arya said, then shrugged. She then took a bite out of a scone piled high with meadowcream and strawberry jelly.

Jukka the Sling

"Oh... By the way, how do you know that one guy's rude? What did he say, exactly?" Kaylan asked, figuring that Yassen had spoken to Arya earlier and offended her.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

"It's just what I've heard. From Bryant, actually. He didn't say anything to me." Arya said, taking another bite of her scone.

The Skarzs

Argunath had been thinking as he dug. How many more were in the horde of cats? Surely many more than this. The creatures of Redwall would be hard pressed to keep alive. If maybe he could thin their numbers. . .? No. He shook his head of the thought. It would be a foolish act.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Rosemary finished eating, and tapped Dave on the paw. "I've got some things to do, If you need any help finding your way around, or something, just find me or Arya. Or anyone, really.," She said, then got up and left.

The Skarzs

The cougar continued digging, concentrating on his task lest his mind wander again. He was nearly a third of the way done.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Who's Bryant?" Kaylan inquired a bit absently, letting her gaze wander across Cavern Hole. She watched Yassen for a moment, then glanced at Dave, then at Argunath... wait, where was Argunath? He'd been there only a little while before! The ottermaid stood up quickly, a note of surprise and worry in her voice. "Arya, where'd Argunath go?" He could be anywhere! she thought. And what if he goes into another of his lunatic rages and kills somebeast?!

Cornflower MM

"Bryant's a squirrel who makes awesome apple turnovers, and is now being babysat by us from order of his sister, Bryony, who left to go to Salamandastron.. There he is." She said,m absentmindedly, then shot up as Kaylan asked where Argunath was. "Oh, gods! I don't know!" She said, then quickly went over to Bryant and grasped his arm. "Bryant, have you seen Argunath?"
"Yeah, I have....He went out of the Abbey a minute ago, and headed for the wallgate, the one where we all gathered up yesterday."
"Okay, thank you so much!" Arya replied, then raced off, leaving behind a very puzzled Bryant. He asked Kaylan, "What was that all about? Name's Bryant, by the way." He said.

The Skarzs

Argunath was about halfway done, but he needed to rest again. Being wounded took it's toll on the body. He looked at the shallow grave he was digging. It would hold the bodies, hiding them from the world, but never from his memory.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.