LOCK THIS TOPIC, FELLOWS (MOLDY PUPPETS ATTACK WITH THEIR CLAWS & TEETH)

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, September 06, 2020, 11:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUR BEST WAR CRY?

LONG LIVE OUR BABY CRIES!!!
2 (9.5%)
FOR SPIRIT, SOUL, DEATH AND MIGHT!!!
3 (14.3%)
FOR POWER GLORY AND MEMORIES!
0 (0%)
Duck.
16 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

lass of something much

*Snacks on some puppets* Oh boy how things have changed since I were a younger forumer
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Booklover

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 13, 2022, 11:51:30 PMI have two questions regarding Horcruxes:
Horcrux Question 1: Harry Potter spoilers alert
Can Dementors kill them, by sucking the bits of soul out?
[close]
And:
Horcrux Question 2: Harry Potter spoilers alert
Couldn't Voldemort steal a Time-Turner from the Ministry of Magic, and make it a Horcrux?  I mean, think of what a mess everything would be, if he could go back in time over and over again... And if he'd just hidden it somewhere, in Hogwarts, say, and a random student found it... It would be like Tom Riddle's diary and Ginny Weasley, they'd go back in time, and kill a bunch of Muggleborns, and then probably get their memories wiped or something. And since the past would keep changing, nobody would be able to get their hands on the culprit. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm kind of glad J. K. Rowling didn't add a Time-Turner Horcrux. Imagine if Hermione had ended up with it in The Prisoner of Azkaban...
[close]
For the first, some people think so, but I don't think it's known for sure.

Q2 Answer, HP spoilers
Depends whether you go by PoA time turner rules or the Play-That-Must-Not-Be-Named time turner rules. And whether or not horcruxes have to be made from an object that's somewhat meaningful to the creator.
[close]
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: lass of something much on April 14, 2022, 11:17:30 AM*Snacks on some puppets* Oh boy how things have changed since I were a younger forumer

That's gotta be bad for your stomach, dearie.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Booklover

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Booklover on April 15, 2022, 01:22:52 AMWhat about Dora and Dory? Also Doro, Dori and Doru?

Pleaze dinnae mention zat avful computer program. Ach...

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: lass of something much on April 14, 2022, 11:17:30 AM*Snacks on some puppets* Oh boy how things have changed since I were a younger forumer
If Sheev's puppets weren't around for you to snack on, when you were a younger forumer, how come they're so moldy? I mean, you've only been a forumer for about three or four years, so if you couldn't snack on them back then, they probably didn't exist then. Which means the "young prince" has lied to us, and the puppets aren't as ancient as they seem.

Quote from: Booklover on April 14, 2022, 01:03:22 PM
Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 13, 2022, 11:51:30 PMI have two questions regarding Horcruxes:
Horcrux Question 1: Harry Potter spoilers alert
Can Dementors kill them, by sucking the bits of soul out?
[close]
And:
Horcrux Question 2: Harry Potter spoilers alert
Couldn't Voldemort steal a Time-Turner from the Ministry of Magic, and make it a Horcrux?  I mean, think of what a mess everything would be, if he could go back in time over and over again... And if he'd just hidden it somewhere, in Hogwarts, say, and a random student found it... It would be like Tom Riddle's diary and Ginny Weasley, they'd go back in time, and kill a bunch of Muggleborns, and then probably get their memories wiped or something. And since the past would keep changing, nobody would be able to get their hands on the culprit. Actually, now that I think of it, I'm kind of glad J. K. Rowling didn't add a Time-Turner Horcrux. Imagine if Hermione had ended up with it in The Prisoner of Azkaban...
[close]
For the first, some people think so, but I don't think it's known for sure.

Q2 Answer, HP spoilers
Depends whether you go by PoA time turner rules or the Play-That-Must-Not-Be-Named time turner rules. And whether or not horcruxes have to be made from an object that's somewhat meaningful to the creator.
[close]
Spoiler
Why did you mention the Play-That-Must-Not-Be-Named? Of course I don't go by its rules. It isn't canon to the rest of the series. I was going by the PoA rules. Also I typed out a really, really long bunch of sentences about why I think Voldemort would find a Time-Turner somehow meaningful, what with plotting to take over the Ministry and whatnot, but the further I got, the more plotholes I discovered in the series regarding Time-Turners, and I got so confused that I just decided to delete it. My brain felt like it was going to explode. Probably a side-effect of being in the Cellars.
[close]
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 15, 2022, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: Booklover on April 15, 2022, 01:22:52 AMWhat about Dora and Dory? Also Doro, Dori and Doru?

What awful computer program? I was talking about Dora the Explorer, and that's got more to do with a TV program than anything. Perhaps if it was Dora the Internet Explorer she'd be a browser, but she's not.

HP spoilers
In PoA, you can't change the past. It's already happened, and going back in time just makes it happen. In the PTMNBN, time travel does change the past and erases people out of existence. Apparently, plot continuity, being a muggle concept, is not understood by wizards, or those writing about them.

There are enough plotholes in HP that your brain will explode even without the influence of the Cellars.
[close]

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Booklover on April 16, 2022, 06:09:59 PM
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 15, 2022, 04:54:08 PM

What awful computer program? I was talking about Dora the Explorer, and that's got more to do with a TV program than anything. Perhaps if it was Dora the Internet Explorer she'd be a browser, but she's not.

Zat zhov vaz vot Ah vaz talkin' aboot- 'ave ye zeen it? It takez place on a computer zcreen on a computer, 'az a computer mouze gaein' aboot ze zcreen clickin' on zingz, und etc. Tiz abzolutely avful! *Dragz zaid computer program tae ze computer rubbizh bin, clickz delete, und vatchez it dizappear permanently*

Booklover

Deleter, no deleting!

Oh dear... It seems certain parts of the TV show are contagious.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Booklover

Ripred the Gnawer

'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Booklover on April 16, 2022, 06:21:43 PMUsing 999, or a police telephone box?

Definitely a polis telephone box. Or ye could make a vizh, zat uzually vorkz. In ze meantoime, vid everybeazt loike a fez? *Pazzez fezzez aboot tae everybeazt*

Booklover

*takes the fez*

*waits*

*The Doctor arrives, and the really annoying 7/4 time piece that's really hard to play on a violin plays (I am the Doctor (theme for the 11th Doctor))*