News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forum Gala 2022

Started by Verdauga, April 13, 2022, 05:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Quote from: Kade Rivok on June 22, 2022, 02:35:41 PMFolks need to stop being all scared then :giggle:

Quote from: Verdauga on June 22, 2022, 12:10:25 PMSpwaking of exploring the place, where are you? Would you like to have an update on the scene?

I think I was patting the shy tower previously.
Right.

*The tower bows slightly in thanks. The roof suddenly comes alive as the shingles all ask for pats since they get even less attention*

*The sound of rushed footsteps can be heard in the rafters underneath the roof.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Captain Wortshire

*pulls out journal*

Definitely not an Orcus...

Possibly a Tsukumogami or Poltergeist...

A Creature living in the rafters, could be avian due to the large volume of Harpies in the area...

*torches Harpy flying overhead with Cosmic Flamethrower*

Can't rule out the chances of it being a Puppetmaster or Esper...
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

*Smacks a Harpy with a log, like a club*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

*taps comm device*

I would like to request an airdrop...

What do you mean it's going to take some time?

Whatever, as long as it gets here...

*slashes at passing Harpy with knife*

Also, get me some takeout as well...
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Verdauga on June 24, 2022, 02:08:24 AMRight.

*The tower bows slightly in thanks. The roof suddenly comes alive as the shingles all ask for pats since they get even less attention*

*The sound of rushed footsteps can be heard in the rafters underneath the roof.*

Oh dear, uh... *Begins trying to pat all the shingles, not hearing the footsteps.*
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

lass of something much

*Has resorted to drashing under, around, and behind trees to avoid getting turned into harpy snack food*

Does anyone have a spare knife, mine seem to be stuck in a spinal cord, and I  can't catch a break long enough to yank them- OWW! out
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

You can borrow this for now...

And don't lose it...

*tosses Lass knife*

Remember the fore-edge is sharp enough to slice through the hide of a wendigo, while the aft could suck their souls out...

Also twist the handle once to release some sleeping gas, but twice will release a toxic and flammable one...
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

*Nearly stabs herself in the process of catching the weapon, but manages somehow to not lose any limbs*
Thanks! Though honestly, I think I'll not twist it at all, if I can avoid it, it always backfires when I bring out sleeping potions.. My loved ones normally find a way to steal them and force me to take care of myself through them *Jumps on the harpy who was hunting her, and slashes it's throat, but ends up beheading it entirely*

....How high grind does your whet stone need to be before it works like THAT??
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

*replaces fuel tank on Cosmic Flamethrower*

Dragon Scales, some of the best whetstones you could use...

*torches passing harpy*

Started it off with a Terra Dragon scale, followed by a Volcanyx and a Cyrog scales...

Finished it off with a Kohryu scale and you have one of the sharpest blades you could produce...
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

Huh.. Water, or oil? I should ask Teer if I can use her scales, they're similar to dragon scales, just smoother cause she takes very good care of them
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

Water, and if you want the specifics, I used Sacred Spring Water from the Fountain of Dé Danann

Smooth scales are best for finishing, I usually start off with a rough scale, then switch between different scales
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Ally046

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 24, 2022, 02:48:12 PMYou can borrow this for now...

And don't lose it...

*tosses Lass knife*

Remember the fore-edge is sharp enough to slice through the hide of a wendigo, while the aft could suck their souls out...

Also twist the handle once to release some sleeping gas, but twice will release a toxic and flammable one...
ew, wendigos.
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Captain Wortshire

Indeed, some of the foulest breath I have ever smelled...

And that is coming from someone who has been in countless maws before...
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on June 25, 2022, 12:40:28 PMWater, and if you want the specifics, I used Sacred Spring Water from the Fountain of Dé Danann

Smooth scales are best for finishing, I usually start off with a rough scale, then switch between different scales
I mean, yeah, you start -*stabs a Harpy and nearly gets taken off guard by the sharpness again* off with a rough one and then polish the blade up, but wouldn't switching after you've started polishing undo your work?
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Captain Wortshire

*punches a harpy in the beak/face*

Which is why I go through the unique method of using the Volcanyx and Cryog scales...

Basically it reheats the blade before going through a quick quench before sharpening one final time...

Very difficult to pull off...

But not as difficult as manufacturing the soul-absorbing edge...

*torches harpy*
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]