News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Discuss! Which books to movie projects do you like? Which don't you like?

Started by Redwallfan7, April 03, 2012, 03:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: psybox on April 25, 2012, 07:04:13 PM
the one with 'enry 'iggins was good.
My Fair Lady reference, nice! I remember liking the Rex Harrison version of Doctor Dolittle, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid. Talk to the Animals, anyone? I loved that song. I didn't see the Eddie Murphy version, and I'm sure I don't want to.

DanielofRedwall

I haven't read the book, but I agree the Eddie Murphy Dr Dolittle was atrocious.

By the way, I think these movies didn't ruin the books (the books are still good), they just didn't portray the books well.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

I agree, I don't think a movie can actually ruin a book. They can get it very, very wrong, but no matter how bad they get they can't ruin the source material.

Icefire

Yes, I think the thread needs a different name. Something along the lines of badly made book-based movies or something....
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Rainshadow

One word:

Eragon

I watched the movie, and I loved it.  I read the book, forgot about the movie, and I loved the book.  I watched the movie again, and in every scene I could complain about at least one thing.  For instance:  The elves don't even have pointed ears!  After that, I could never watch the movie again.  Sorry to those who love the movie, but it's the truth - the movie was very different from the book.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

Redwallfan7

Lily, sorry, I should rephrase. I'm meaning to say that in this thread, we talk about which book to movie projects we thought were good, and those that we thought were bad.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad Maudie

Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Eustace Scrubb

I tend to judge movies based upon books just by how well the movie was written, how good the acting was, ect. Not how it matches up with the book.

Accept the Narnia films. I just love the books to much.
"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." - C.S. Lewis -

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Rainshadow