News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Showcasing my Art!

Started by Dotti Dillworthy, October 30, 2015, 10:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotti Dillworthy

Welcome to my art-cave, chaffs!
Feel free to rate, critique and comment!

Skyblade

As I'm not much of an artist myself, I'm not very qualified to rate or give criticism. Comments I can do, though!

Picture 1: Oh, I actually know this! Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series? Looking at the Marauder's Map? I really like the style in this one; very well done. Really :)

Picture 2: Hey, good job. I don't know who she is, but the picture leaves me wondering that as well as why she's crying. The colors were used well to exemplify the mood.

Picture 3: Is that Ginny Weasley? (I'm just guessing here with the references, by the way). Really like the coloring.

Picture 4: So let me guess, the first is the original and the second is what you created? I like the change. It's more aesthetically appealing and cryptic.

Picture 5: Romance, ew. I'll skip this one ;D

Picture 6: This one's less my style but it looks nice.

Picture 7: Wow, very well done. Again, the colors were great. Martin the Warrior (I'm guessing) looks great. This picture really is great.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Vilu Daskar

I can't see any of it. It's blocked.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jukka the Sling

How can I critique any of that? XD  You're far better than I am. :)  Gonna go check out your dA now...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dotti Dillworthy

Gonff the Mousethief

The Arthur one is amazing! Your pictures are stunning and so well done! I hope you will share more!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Lady Amber

Dotti Dillworthy

Thankies, wot wot! ;D  Mor' art'll be post'd also on my Tumblr (loonymagicillustrations) so be zure to check this out, wot!

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Banya

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on October 31, 2015, 03:52:59 PM
Thanks but I still can't see it.
You have this issue with most videos and images posted on the forum.  The problem seems to be your computer, not the images themselves.

Dotti, these are great.  I particularly like the way you use lighting in your pictures.

Vilu Daskar

It's actually a program on my computer put on by my parents that blocks certain things, so it is the picture's fault for being on a blocked site.

Jetthebinturong

It's the program's fault for blocking stupid things. There are limits to what you can put on DA, and age filters.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on November 01, 2015, 02:56:41 PM
It's actually a program on my computer put on by my parents that blocks certain things, so it is the picture's fault for being on a blocked site.

A picture doesn't really choose which site is is on, does it? It's the program's fault, maybe you should ask your parents to remove it.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.