News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Tower of the Deep.

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 07, 2013, 02:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the Ancient One is?

A Fox
3 (30%)
A weasel
1 (10%)
An alien?
1 (10%)
A machine!
1 (10%)
A mutated hippo
2 (20%)
I have no idea...
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Dinte

Just asking if i can be somewhere in the tower already in it since everyone else is
Name: Dinte
Race: Hare
weapons: glaive
armor: he wears a some nice purple cloth pants (dont ask) and a Black leather Jacket with nothing really underneath so really no armor value whatsoever
spells: he only has a few spells but has a beast called an eidolon (aka Fayt) that follows him around in the form of a largish scorpion that he rides on (more at the bottom)
       --stoneskin: his or anyone he touches skin becomes like stone and becomes harder to pierce and cut
       --shield: a small shield of force comes up in front of him that acts like a shield in front of him.
       --Minor portal: can open a small portal that can take him anywhere he knows or in any direction within 200ft
Eidolon: it is an outside being conjured through a 1 minute long ritual that cant be broken. the eidolon has a mark on its head that glows brightly red and there is a mark on the character as well. the eidolon will disappear if the character is unconscious, asleep, or dead. the eidolon will be there permanently until the before mention happens. it can be on this plane through the ritual which does take up a large amount of my magic making it so that i can only cast 4 of the other spells a day. after the eidolon is summoned the eidolon uses me an anchor with its own magic to stay in the world. An eidolon is a spiritual being that takes the shape of what the character wants it to. though i have take the shape of a scorpion it is not as powerful as an actual scorpion. to everyone i looks like a black sort of ghostly mist in the shape of a scorpion.

This is my idea for a character that is kind of unique though i did get the name eidolon from the pathfinder (DnD 3.75 spinoff) class called the summoner
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Rusvul

Just a note, your "Minor Portal" spell will be most likely blocked by the wards on the tower, disallowing teleportation to outside. Or possibly to other rooms, wherever there is a magic-blocking ward, your teleportation will not work. It might be too late for you to join, not being the GM, I don't know. The most use you might be able to get out of the Portal is teleporting up or across things to other unwarded destinations that are within sight. I'm not sure. :P

Dinte

rusvul i have taken that into account the idea of the portal is to get my character out of immanent danger and the what not such as being trapped in a room flooding just port to the other side of the door if the room is not magically sealed but then there is also that i can only cast 4 spells every 4 hours - day depends on GM's decision on that.
you find this offensive, i find it funny, that is why i am happier than you

Norham Waterpaw

Accepted, sorry for the wait, I've been sort of inactive for while :-\
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

It's good to have you back. :) But Dinte just left to go on a trip. He won't be back until Monday/Tuesday-ish. :P
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Jetthebinturong

Can I make a ccharacter who is a villain, an enemy from the tower, like instead of a one shot horde of skeletons it would be more of a recurring villain. If it is allowed here is the form

Name: He Who Walks In Shadows
Species: Often he appears as a spectral black fox, other times a weasel and sometimes a rat. However he does have a true form, it looks like a cross between a dragon and a fox, it has rather large batlike wings and stands at whatever would be the Redwall equivalent of six foot four. In all of it's forms it has yellow eyes
weapon: A ketana fueled with dark magic, every time he kills something with it, it is added to the repertoire of beasts he may take the form of
armour: None really but it looks like he has a long black coat which goes down to his ankles, the coat has no sleeves. It also sometimes looks like he wears gauntlets
Spells: Lots of shadow spells the most prominent of which would be shadow walk from which he gets his name
-Shadow walk: Basically teleportation, he walks forwards and as he does it, phases out of the world
-Shadow spear: He flings spears of shadow, that's basically it
-Shadow grab: He sends out tendrils of shadow sometimes attempting to pick things up, others to flip them over
-Shadow blast: A last ditch attack, he sends out a ring of shadow which knocks out anything in it's radius. He only uses this to escape from a battle he believes he will lose, afterwards he cannot use magic for a day
-Soul slash: He slashes out with his ketana, stealing the soul of the intended victim, they are not dead but their soul is trapped in his ketana until someone can force it to release the creatures soul, usually in a particularly strenuous fight, he will lose his focus and let loose the last soul he claimed, this happens more often than you would think 
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

KitrallStreamrippler

I certainly hope so- it is getting quite interesting. I want to see what happens next!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Jetthebinturong

I'm enjoying playing a snarky, sarcastic bat. I find I have a particular talent for that sort of thing

EDIT: Seeing as Norham isn't doing this any more, I'm going to go ahead and add in He Who Walks in Shadows
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan