News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Hedgehogs in general

Started by BlueRose, May 19, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Blazemane on May 20, 2014, 10:25:06 PM
There isn't a single Abbey Warrior in the series who's also a hedgehog, is there?

Th' same goes fer ee moles, zurr!

From what I can understand, hedgehogs seem to always play the role as farmers and cellerhogs. There's plenty of evidence supporting the latter of the two, but it's just a gut feeling for the role as farmers though
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

BlueRose

Ah, that's a good point, there weren't any moles who were Abbey Warriors.

But moles have a set dialect, now don't they? Granted, there are a few moles that break that, like Egbert (I think that's his name) in Bellmaker, but most of the time, it's a set deal.

Hedgehogs don't. There are extremely educated hedgehogs, there are hedgehogs with somewhat 'barbaric' accents, there are hedgehogs with country accents, there are hedgehogs with Abbey accents... The list goes on and on. Even the vermin seem to have more constant accents/dialects than hedgehogs.

And that fact is making fan-fic writing go veeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyy slllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwllllllllyyyyyyyy........
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Captain Tammo

you're writing a fanfic? What's it about! ::)
I know exactly how you feel! I'm writing a fanfic right now and accents can get pretty tough, but it gives the characters a bit extra depth
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Cornflower MM

Quote from: FloweringStar on May 19, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
Hedgehogs aren't used to their full potential in the Redwall series. I think they could be a lot of fun if their species had been elaborated on a little more.

The series wouldn't be what it is if the hedgehogs were used to full potential. And, besides, some creatures had to fir into the not-used-as-much role.

BlueRose

That's true, Cornflower....

@Tammo: It's about Redwall's transition into the Industrial Age, brought on by a young hedgehog.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: FloweringStar on May 19, 2014, 11:53:01 PM
Hedgehogs aren't used to their full potential in the Redwall series. I think they could be a lot of fun if their species had been elaborated on a little more.
Agreed there! They were not very expressed in the book. You never got to really see their full personality.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 07, 2014, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: Blazemane on May 20, 2014, 10:25:06 PM
There isn't a single Abbey Warrior in the series who's also a hedgehog, is there?

Th' same goes fer ee moles, zurr!

Well the moles actually did get a warrior unlike the hedgehogs
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

LT Sandpaw

There have been warrior hedgehogs like the one in Long Patrol,
However they do seem to be a rather unused race.
You can almost tell what kind of animals Brain like more then others.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Yeah, have to say not many warriors. Most of the major ones are Cellarhongs or abbots (favorite is humble!) and they are kindhearted. But..... Don't forget Bowly Pintips! On moles, there was a hammer-wielding warrior (forgot his name!) in sable queen. and, in bellmaker, there are the club-wielding hedgehogs that help fight urgan nagru (or foxwolf)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.