News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Magic The Gathering

Started by SandyB, September 01, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

So did we technically BOTH create it? Like we both own it?
~Just a soft space boi~

Lily

Sorry, I merged the topics and forgot to say anything. If you merge two topics they mesh together in chronological order, so since SandyB created the topic first theirs is the first post.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Dawnwing

I bought a deck builders' kit yesterday, so I'm trying to put a deck together.  I was invited to a Magic: the Gathering party tonight, so we'll see how it goes. :D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Dawnwing on October 12, 2013, 06:44:15 PM
I bought a deck builders' kit yesterday, so I'm trying to put a deck together.  I was invited to a Magic: the Gathering party tonight, so we'll see how it goes. :D

'ave fun!

EDIT: Ah'd conzider goin' tae zomezin' like zat, but zince ah 'ave me Magic cardz zcattered av around me room, it may take a vhile tae get a deck togezer. 'ov many cardz dae ye need again? Zorry, ah never really kenned ze deck-limit for ziz. (An' frankly ah cannae quite really remember ze vone for Pokemon eizer!)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dawnwing

It's 60 cards for a deck in Magic.

I ended up making two decks - a red/green and a white/black - and played three games.  The first, I was mana-locked because I was just unlucky at pulling Lands and only got four or five.  The second I did decently at.  The third was one-on-one and the other player managed to pull a planeswalker in his first turn, and I was unable to get any creatures that could defeat it before it used its "creatures you own get double-strike, trample, hexproof, and haste" ability.  As you can imagine, the game was over in the next turn.

I think I might build a white/green next.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Dawnwing on October 13, 2013, 11:37:04 PM
It's 60 cards for a deck in Magic.

Zankee! Let'z zee...*Checkz 'iz deck* Mmmm....Zeven cardz.....Lookz like ah've got zome Card Collectin' tae dae! WEASELS!!!!! *Tearz off tae collect more o' ze Magic cardz zat are ztrevn aboot 'iz room*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Rusvul

What do the different colors specialize in? From what I've heard, White is lots of weak troops and synergy, buffing each other up until they're a pain. Green is, um, I've forgotten. And Red is weak early game, but heavy direct damage and extreme power late game.

Is that accurate? How many colors are there? And what element do each of the colors sort of go for?

Dawnwing

There's five colors: white, black, blue, green, red.
Generally what I've noticed: White is a lot of health regeneration.  Red is a lot of heavy damage.  Black I haven't used much, but it has a bunch of cards that work on the graveyard (returning cards to the table and such) and status effects (poision, enchantment that does damage each turn, etc).  Blue I've not used at *all* but I think it often enables you to search through your deck so you have a better chance of getting the card you're looking for.  Green, I can't really think of anything that stands out too much about it, which is funny because that's the color I use most.

By what element, do you mean what's the "theme" of each color?  White has a lot of air/light - angels, griffins, paladins, one spell is "pacifism", etc.  Red has more of a fire/rock theme, and has creatures like goblins and large bulky creatures.  Blue I've barely used, so I can't say much about that (I *think* it's more about magic and mind stuff).   Black has a death/disease/black magic theme, with creatures like vampires and zombies.  And Green is a nature theme: elves, wild creatures like wolves and boars, etc.

Redwaller

I saw a starter pack at the shopping mall yesterday, and I'd be interested if I knew people that played it.  :P

Blaggut

Friday Night Magic: At card stores near you!

Basically, a lot of people in the area flock to card stores on Friday night. Been to one but never played. Pretty cool!
~Just a soft space boi~