News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Unanswerable questions.

Started by Faiyloe, September 07, 2013, 12:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

It isn't for you, HIAG, unless you're a gal.

*lecture voice*
Now, as I hope you all know, all humans have three different types of color-receptive cells called cones. Red, blue, and green, However, in rare cases, some people have a fourth type of cone, of which us mere mortals cannot comprehend the likes of. The main reason these people and their colors aren't so well known, is because there's so few of them. Oh, and, while this extra cone doesn't enable them to see more colors, they can still see...more colors.

All right, think of it this way: one person with this extra cone described her sky as 'A light blue, with swirls of pink and purple and hundreds of different shades'.
Oh, and did I mention? It's mostly women with this extra cone, as they need it to help them shop for clothes.

Tiria Wildlough

Why do our noses run and our feet smell?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

The Shade

Our noses are trying to get away from the bad smell! And the feet.....well, they are feet!  ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

MeadowR

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 07, 2013, 02:24:07 PM
Well, God made the animals, so I can only assume the chicken came first. I don't recall Noah leading two pair of eggs onto the ark.

The animals aren't supposed to have been created just before the Noah's Ark story, though.

For different reasons I'm thinking the chicken came before the egg. While you need an egg to create the bird - would it really be possible to have an egg appear without being created? Somewhere along the line feathery dinosaurs to birds/chickens have the link to this change.

QuoteIf a tree falls and no one's around does it still make a sound? I would say no because sound is just vibrations in the air that when they hit your ear they vibrate your ear drum and send a signal to your brain telling it that you heard something.

Good point, actually! As you can see, my sciencey knowledge isn't vast (though I'm not entirely clueless...)! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Faiyloe

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on September 09, 2013, 11:46:33 AM

QuoteIf a tree falls and no one's around does it still make a sound? I would say no because sound is just vibrations in the air that when they hit your ear they vibrate your ear drum and send a signal to your brain telling it that you heard something.

Good point, actually! As you can see, my sciencey knowledge isn't vast (though I'm not entirely clueless...)! :D
I had that discussion with my dad and he explained it to me.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

It's not funny... its just cruel. Not nice girls!

Ungatt Trunn

What would happen if Pinocchio said "my nose will grow right now"?

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

He lied!!
If you set out to fail, and succeed, have you failed, or succeeded? 

Faiyloe

If you set out to fail your goal is to succeed at failing but if you you fail at succeeding to fail then you have failed to succeed.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on December 05, 2013, 03:49:30 PM
He lied!!
But if he lied, that would mean his nose will grow. But if his nose grew, that would mean he was telling the truth. What do you have to say to that?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.