News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

So, today is the 23rd.

Started by Søren, September 23, 2015, 02:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

QuoteDude. It was supposed to be the end of the world December. . . . . 20-something in 2010. We're still alive! Cheers, indeed!
That was 2012.

I don't know what to think.
« Subject to editing »

CaptainRocktree

Yippe! You guys saw my smiley right?  ;D

Anyways, Today is supposed to be the end of the world. Again.  :P

Cheers! As you can see I'm not taking it seriously  :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 24, 2015, 12:54:46 AM
Yippe! You guys saw my smiley right?  ;D

Anyways, Today is supposed to be the end of the world. Again.  :P

Cheers! As you can see I'm not taking it seriously  :P

Yeah, I know. Why would people? If it's gonna happen. . . It's gonna happen. Why stress ver it?

Sorry, Sor. :P

Wylder Treejumper

I'm just confused. Never heard this one before. What's special about 9/23/2015?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 24, 2015, 01:06:24 AM
Yom Kippur ends today and Obama is meeting with the Pope.  WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Kidding.  I don't believe it's the end.  It's just what I've heard.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Izeroth

Apparently, there's a "blood moon" (lunar eclipse) happening later this week. Naturally, anything with the word blood in it must signal impending doom.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Izeroth on September 24, 2015, 01:12:41 AM

Apparently, there's a "blood moon" (lunar eclipse) happening later this week. Naturally, anything with the word blood in it must signal impending doom.
That too.  Combined with all of the other "signs," some people think it's the end. ::)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

Ah. I see.

Wait a second. Exactly one week ago, I drank a blood orange soda. BLOOD! We really are doomed! ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 24, 2015, 01:08:11 AM
Yom Kippur ends today and Obama is meeting with the Pope.  WE'RE DOOMED!!!

Kidding.  I don't believe it's the end.  It's just what I've heard.

LOL. (No, I literally laughed at that)

Two different things, Iz. . . . . Trust me, I know. It's also going to be a super moon. (What? My dad has a wide interest. If he likes to talk about them to me and my mom, that's fine.)

CaptainRocktree

@Jukka: GASP!  :o Haha,

There are supposed to be 4 asteroids passing next to the earth.

But, You just got take it with a grain of salt.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Søren

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 24, 2015, 02:01:28 AM
@Jukka: GASP!  :o Haha,

There are supposed to be 4 asteroids passing next to the earth.

But, You just got take it with a grain of salt.

Lots and lots of salt. ;)

Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 24, 2015, 12:33:55 AM
*Hugs Sor* Well, I'm glad you've had an awesome summer! You'll have these memories to treasure for the rest of your life. :)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 23, 2015, 11:24:27 PM
What were the good things that happened to you this past season? What are you grateful for?

. . . . . I actually got to go to a summer dance camp! That was awesome. I switched dance studios, and I'm super thankful for that. Other than that, not too much.
What was wrong with the old one?
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 24, 2015, 12:05:38 AM
I am glad to be a part of it. Thank you for your contributions.

As for what happened over my summer, well, I moved here (to where I am now, that is). That is probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.
What made it so good to live to a new place?

I'm retired from the forum

Mhera

Thanks right back at you, Soren!

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on September 23, 2015, 11:24:27 PM
I'm asking everyone in this thread: What were the good things that happened to you this past season? What are you grateful for?
This pretty much sums up how my summer went. Seriously, it took a turn for the weird awhile back and never fully recovered. However! I'm grateful for the family and friends (you guys included) that made it so amazing nonetheless. Ya'll are fantastic. Thank you.

Hickory

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on September 24, 2015, 12:05:03 AM
I'm glad you had an amazing summer!  :)

I had a pretty good summer myself, One of my favorite parts was Summer camp. But I'm glad I had the forums, I can just come in, sit down, and enjoy the forums. Thanks guys!

Oh, And today is supposed to be the end of the world. Cheers!   ;D
the spork-wielding squirrels and inkjet printers will conquer the human world with the help of Oprah Winfrey and William Henry Harrison. They will find the golden spork in the forest behind the bush ranch and acheive victory
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

It's the end of the world and tomorrow is a holiday! :(
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.