News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Post Random Quotes Here!

Started by Delthion, August 30, 2014, 03:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russa Nodrey

Quote from: Delthion on September 23, 2014, 12:32:12 AM
Yay!!! Someone revived my thread!

Seven likkle dormice!

~Russa
Yay!!!!!! I've been quoted!!!
Freddy

Rainshadow

"Yay!!!!!! I've been quoted!!!"  ~ Russa Nodrey

Okay, seriously though, my quote:

"You punish liars?  In my world, we elect them to public office."  ~ Walter Foley, The Last of the Nephilim
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

"When the gaoler comes to bring me my food in the morning and evening. . . I shall throw it through the window. . ."

~Edmond Dantes, The Count of Monte Cristo
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Delthion

That's one of my Dad's favorite books.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jetthebinturong

Let's bring this back

"Shadowhunters," he said "They get in your blood, under your skin. I've been with vampires, werewolves, faeries, warlocks like me--and humans, so many fragile humans. But I always told myself I wouldn't give my heart to a Shadowhunter. I've so nearly loved them, been charmed by them--generations of them, sometimes: Edmund and Will and James and Lucie... the ones I saved and the ones I couldn't. And Clary, too, I loved, for I watched her grow up. But I've never been in love with a Shadowhunter, not until Alec. For they have the blood of angels in them, and the love of angels is a high and holy thing."
"Is that so bad?" Luke asked.
Magnus shrugged. “Sometimes it comes down to a choice," he said. "Between saving one person and saving the whole world. I've seen it happen, and I'm selfish enough to want the person who loves me to choose me. But Nephilim will always choose the world. I look at Alec and I feel like Lucifer in Paradise Lost. 'Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is.' He meant it in the classical sense. 'Awful' as in inspiring awe. And awe is well and good, but it's poison to love. Love has to be between equals."
"He's just a boy," said Luke. "Alec--he's not perfect. And you're not fallen."
"We're all fallen," said Magnus, and he wrapped himself up in his chains and was silent.”

-City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, Chapter 16, Terrors of the Earth
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

What is that which gleams through me and smites my heart without wounding it? I am both a-shudder and aglow. A-shudder, in so far as I am unlike it, aglow in so far as I am like it.

~St. Augustine.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

I no more remember the books I have read than the meals I have eaten, but they both made me who I am.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 07, 2014, 12:58:19 AM
[After Allyson has a meltdown]
Sondra:  You were just having a moment.  That's all. 
Allyson:  Well, it was my fifth one this week.

~ Moms' Night Out

Aaaahhhh, that was a good movie.  :D
I gotta admit that was a funny movie  :D I thought it was funny seeing the actor who play Samwise Gamgee in The Lord Of The Rings play the Dad and of course when the went to.... Well I better not give it away  :P But if you enjoyed Mom's Night out the company that made it has lots of Movies on Netflix! Also check out Brother White Made by the same company and yet another comedy :P
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

The Skarzs

"I have an amy!"
"We have a Hulk."

Loki and Tony Stark, The Avengers.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on September 24, 2014, 02:26:22 AM
"When the gaoler comes to bring me my food in the morning and evening. . . I shall throw it through the window. . ."

~Edmond Dantes, The Count of Monte Cristo
I'm reading that book for school this year, and it's really good so far.

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on October 03, 2014, 01:19:37 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on September 07, 2014, 12:58:19 AM
[After Allyson has a meltdown]
Sondra:  You were just having a moment.  That's all. 
Allyson:  Well, it was my fifth one this week.

~ Moms' Night Out

Aaaahhhh, that was a good movie.  :D
I gotta admit that was a funny movie  :D I thought it was funny seeing the actor who play Samwise Gamgee in The Lord Of The Rings play the Dad and of course when the went to.... Well I better not give it away  :P But if you enjoyed Mom's Night out the company that made it has lots of Movies on Netflix! Also check out Brother White Made by the same company and yet another comedy :P
Lol, Brother White. I've seen part of it. The thing is, that blond guy who plays White is the main actor in most of the Christian apocalyptic movies on Netflix, which is kinda annoying and funny at the same time. My siblings, mom, and I would start watching one of those movies and go, "Oh, no, not him again!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rainshadow

Hawkeye:  Are you alright, colonel?
Mustang:  Yeah, I'm fine... except... it's a terrible day for rain.
Hawkeye:  [Confused, looking at sky]  But... what do you mean?  It's not raining.
Mustang:  [Lifts chin, and a tear spills]  Yes it is.

~ Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

It should be illegal to make someone cry so much over an anime.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum