News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Embroidery

Started by Blaggut, March 27, 2016, 06:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

I knit, crochet, and cross stitch.  I tried my hand at quilting...not so much :P
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Blaggut

Quilts are nice, but I have no idea how to make themselves. How does it work?
~Just a soft space boi~

Firehawke

In a nutshell...you sew different pieces of fabric together to make the quilt top.  Then you get a piece (or so together pieces) of fabric that is a bit bigger to be the bottom.  Then you make a sandwich with the top and bottom with soft warm quilt batting (often made of cotton or polyester) in the middle and sew through all 3 pieces, and then you finish up the edges so there are no holes.

Blaggut

Sounds painfully frustrating
~Just a soft space boi~

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: rachel25 on March 28, 2016, 08:40:22 PM
I do loads of sewing. I'm at college doing a massive stitched collage as my end of year project. I want to become a costume designer and embroidery is one of my great loves.  ;D

You should make a part of the Redwall tapestry! :D

I sew a little, like a sailor. I mostly use it to keeping my cloths together, or shoes/cleats. And I've made a few costumes, but embroidery is beyond me.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Cornflower MM

I like sewing, but embroidery? Sadly, no, it's beyond me. :P

@Ashleg: HOW DO YOU BREAK A SEWING MACHINE?! That's next to impossible!

Ashleg

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 05, 2016, 01:07:13 AM
I like sewing, but embroidery? Sadly, no, it's beyond me. :P

@Ashleg: HOW DO YOU BREAK A SEWING MACHINE?! That's next to impossible!

Trust me, I can find a way to accidentally break anything under stress.  ;D"

Wylder Treejumper

Psh, I've broken sewing machines plenty of times. They just don't make 'em like they used to ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

BlueRose

I've done some needlepoint, and I'm kinda working on an honest to goodness embroidery project for my mum. (Nothing fancy, but I don't have a whole lot of time to work on it, so it's slow going.)

I like using sewing machines though. I made a fantasy cloak when I was 12 (it's not very good, but I made it and I'm proud of it.)
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Firehawke

I spend a lot of my crafting time focusing on charity projects.  Right now, I'm focusing on knitting scarves for Special Olympics (3 different states) and cross stitching video game themed blocks from the Sprite Stitch Child's Play quilt.  Here's the latest view of my Story of Seasons block...

(sorry it's SO big... i took it on my phone and directly uploaded it to Photobucket)

Question...should I start a topic to post regular updates of all of my craftiness???

Blaggut

Wow!!!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!!!one!!1!!!1!
~Just a soft space boi~

Maudie

This thread has a disturbing amount of males posting in it. ;D

My mom has tried to teach me to sew, but my attention span is too small for any real sewing projects. My one attempt at embroidery was a failure. :P

@Firehawke Whoa. That's cool. :o
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Firehawke

Thanks guys!!!

It really took me a while to get in to cross stitch...it was years since my mom first tried to teach me and when I really successfully tried it again.  :P

rachel25

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 03, 2016, 11:19:53 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on March 28, 2016, 08:40:22 PM
I do loads of sewing. I'm at college doing a massive stitched collage as my end of year project. I want to become a costume designer and embroidery is one of my great loves.  ;D

You should make a part of the Redwall tapestry! :D

I sew a little, like a sailor. I mostly use it to keeping my cloths together, or shoes/cleats. And I've made a few costumes, but embroidery is beyond me.
I have most of a quilt done that is the Redwall map. Its kind of been on hold recently because of college but I plan to finish it over the summer.

Firehawke

Are you planning on posting pics of it???  Hope so!!!