News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Disney

Started by Slagar Mc Muffin, December 27, 2012, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

ALSO I just found out Disneyland is 60 years old this year!! ;D 8)

Jukka the Sling

So is anyone else looking forward to Moana?  I think it's really cool because they're putting a new spin on the Maori legend of the discovery of New Zealand!  How cool is it that they're gonna be featuring New Zealand in a Disney movie?!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Perifaen

I hadn't heard of it. When is it supposed to come out?
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Ashleg

I'm looking forward to it, though I don't remember when it's supposed to come out!  ;D

Is Moana a princess? I forget.

Jukka the Sling

It's gonna be released November 23 this year.  And apparently she is the newest Disney Princess.  I think it's cool.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

*sigh*
I hope she has a bit of personality other than "I am a strong heroine!"

Tiana and Mulan have WAY much more personality and character growth than the very recent princesses (Rapunzel, Merida, Anna/Elsa, etc.).

I mean, they're not bad characters, but they all seem so one-dimentional to me except for those two. Not counting Kiara and Nala from the Lion King because they're too cool to be considered Disney Princesses. XD

Lady Ashenwyte

I wish Disney would do a new movie with 2D animation like in the old days. That would be a nice piece of nostalgia.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on March 05, 2016, 05:56:35 AM
I wish Disney would do a new movie with 2D animation like in the old days. That would be a nice piece of nostalgia.
Amen to that! I always love 2D animation with all its charm! If they do, they probably would transform all (or some) the Redwall tales into individual 2D movies, in the style of The Lion King with a twist of Don Bluth.

Kitsune

It may not be the best Disney movie, but Treasure Planet is by far my favorite.

And yes, I revived this thread jet to say that. ;)

Ashleg

Jukka the Sling

I've seen that movie several times.  It's pretty good!

Kitsune

@Ashleg: If you're being sarcastic, I can see why. ::)

If not... go and waTCH IT RIGHT NOW

Ashleg

I'm not being sarcastic. :'0

oKAY