News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Cryptozoology

Started by Ungatt Trunn, September 06, 2013, 09:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on September 11, 2013, 09:06:47 PM
'az anybeazt 'ere 'eard o' 'umanz? Zey're myzalogical beaztz zat run in fire-zputin' rockz an' zacrifice zeir young tae zeir great godz Zchool an' Knovledge. Zey zound pretty zcary, nyet?
Oh yes, quite ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Ferrousferret

I've always sort of liked Cryptozoology. The thing that really bothers me, however, is that there's just as much evidence that a lot of them could exist as there is evidence disputing it.

I've always wanted to do a book for this sort of thing. Not just explaining the creatures, but having an honest discussion as to why they both could and could not exist & finishing up by saying which is more likely.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Ferrousferret on September 15, 2013, 07:01:19 PM
I've always sort of liked Cryptozoology. The thing that really bothers me, however, is that there's just as much evidence that a lot of them could exist as there is evidence disputing it.

I've always wanted to do a book for this sort of thing. Not just explaining the creatures, but having an honest discussion as to why they both could and could not exist & finishing up by saying which is more likely.
there are several books about Cryptozoology that do just that. I like really thick books about cryptozoology that are just packed with detail. I'm reading one right now.

Life is too short to rush through it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ziz iz zlightly off-zubject, but ah 'ave a dictionary o' zuperztitionz. It explainz aboot a lot o' different zuperztitionz, like breakin' a mirror or valkin' under a ladder. May'apz zomevone could dae zummat like zat aboot Cryptozoology. O' courze zere'z probably zummat like zat oot zere, but tvid probably nae be bad tae put anozer vone oot zere.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

I try not to think about superstitions because they come from long-outdated ideas of ye olde times and don't really have any basis in fact. Superstitions are one of those things that have connected in us quite strongly, though, so even by saying the obvious that of course these things are not true, we still have a worry in the back of our minds; meaning if we walk towards a ladder we probably will deliberate it in our mind the fact it is 'unlucky' and go around it... just in case. To be fair, the ladder one is pretty good advice in that there could be the risk if someone's up there that something could fall onto a person below.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014