News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Cryptozoology

Started by Ungatt Trunn, September 06, 2013, 09:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Who else here likes Cryptozoology? I....LOVE IT!!!!!! Yea, it can get a little creepy at times, but I still think its very interesting. Anybody else think so?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Captain Tammo

I think it's pretty neat! The only one I see as a possibility is a plesiosaur like the Loch Ness monster, and maybe a yeti lol
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Captain Tammo on September 06, 2013, 11:06:48 PM
I think it's pretty neat! The only one I see as a possibility is a plesiosaur like the Loch Ness monster, and maybe a yeti lol
I think that Bigfoot is very probable to being year. There's just some thing about the Loch Ness Monster that don't add up.

Redwaller

MeadowR

I went on the Loch Ness last year and am afraid to say I did not see any monster! :D

I was going to say, what cryptozoology meant, but seeing the other posts I get it now. It is very interesting stuff, though mostly very likely myth. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

O' courze it av dependz on vot yer definitionz o' belief an' exiztence are.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Norham Waterpaw

I was always fascinated by tales about freakish beings, but I never really believed any of it. But real or not, some of them still scare the heck out of me!

Like the flatwoods monster.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Ungatt Trunn

My favourite crypto creatures are Bigfoot and Slender Man.

Orinoco

Ah, yes, cryptozoology - my secret passion. A friend of mine and I are absolutely obsessed with things like this. My personal favourites are the Loch Ness Monster, Cerberus, Jörmungand, Sleipnir, centaurs, and perytons.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Orinoco on September 10, 2013, 01:53:30 AM
Ah, yes, cryptozoology - my secret passion. A friend of mine and I are absolutely obsessed with things like this. My personal favourites are the Loch Ness Monster, Cerberus, Jörmungand, Sleipnir, centaurs, and perytons.
Allot of those creatures don't really belong in the Cryptozoology section of research. Allot of them are fiction, just to say. :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

But zat dependz upon yer definitionz o' "real" an' "not-real".

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on September 10, 2013, 11:26:37 PM
But zat dependz upon yer definitionz o' "real" an' "not-real".
Cryptozoology isn't about creatures from fairytale books (For example, Centaurs are in Narnia and in Greek Mythology).

The Shade

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on September 10, 2013, 08:26:02 PM
Allot of those creatures don't really belong in the Cryptozoology section of research. Allot of them are fiction, just to say. :)

Guys, listen to the expert!  ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Orinoco

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on September 10, 2013, 08:26:02 PM

Cryptozoology can cover myths and legends as well as creatures that have physical "evidence" of their existence, like Sasquatches and so on. So yeah, mythological beasts fit under this category, technically. Some people believe them to be real.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

'az anybeazt 'ere 'eard o' 'umanz? Zey're myzalogical beaztz zat run in fire-zputin' rockz an' zacrifice zeir young tae zeir great godz Zchool an' Knovledge. Zey zound pretty zcary, nyet?