News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Barnes and Noble is a bookstore, not a library.

Chipster of Noonvale

Julian Wants to be a Mermaid, I really don't see what bad thing there is with that.  Sure, mermaids don't exist, but that's one great thing about fiction, you can do things there that would be impossible in real life.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if some libraries only had political books supporting a specific ideology.

The Witessss

it is a bit disturbing b/c it is a boy wanting and 'becoming' a girl.

@Corn if theyhave it at a bookstore, would they refrain from having it at a library?
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Chipster of Noonvale

Quote from: The Witessss on February 17, 2019, 11:20:11 PM
it is a bit disturbing...
That's subjective, but I would rather not say more because that would result in a Hearth-style argument.

Either way, mer-creatures can be of any gender.

The Witessss

mer-maids are the girls, mer-men are the boys.. yeah, sorry. didn't mean it to get like this. i'm usually not the one that ends the arguements.  :P

Matthias720

As someone who works in a library, I feel reasonably certain that the placement of materials has little to do with the content in the materials (outside of a logical progression to maintain order, ie: Dewey decimal). At my library, I have seen materials I disagree with, but others support, and I have seen materials that I agree with that others would scoff at. I even know the book in question you are referring to. The thing I have to remind myself every time I go to work is that the library is for everyone and not just me. I have a responsibility to not take someone else's voice, and they have no right to take mine. For good or for ill, that's the price of freedom.

The Witessss

i guess. First Amendment, right. freedom of the press and speech (etc.). *sigh*

The Skarzs

Life isn't easy when you have ideals you uphold. Because by up holding them, the world almost volunteers ways of challenging them.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Let's swing this back to randomness. Sometimes conversarions like these get into a spiral at no single person's fault and everyone walks away feeling a bit upset. That being said....

*LOUD BURP*

.... thank you
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

*Waggles a finger at Tammo.* What do you say?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Um.... I should use my inside burp next time?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Shadow of Korriban

Didn't your mother ever teach you manners boy? :P
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss