News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

Wait, you wanna see me blow bubbles?
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Maudie

@Witessss

When you eat carbs it converts into bloodsugar (glucose) and causes your bloodsugar to spike. Your body produces a hormone called insulin to keep your bloodsugar at a healthy level (usually somewhere between 60  and 150 mg/dL). When someone has diabetes their body typically has trouble producing insulin to regulate bloodsugar and it often spikes above normal level. I have less experience with hypoglycemia, but I believe it is generally the producing of too much insulin, which causes the bloodsugar to drop below healthy levels. Diabetes and hypoglycemia can often go hand in hand. Hypoglycemia can be an early indicator of diabetes, actually. It's all very confusing.

This has been an infomercial by Maudie. Thanks for tuning in, folks!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Witessss

thank you, that vaguely makes sense, now. hopefully i'll never have to have any experience!!
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Maudie

I took my bloodsugar (for the first time) for fun today and it hurt like h e c k and left a big ol' bruise on my finger.

Never again. I will die before I get diabetes.

(The only reason I have "experience" with diabetes is because I'm a CNA and lots of my patients are diabetic. ;))
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

The Witessss

i think my uncle has diabetes.. really have no idea.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Maudie on February 22, 2019, 02:09:23 AM
I took my bloodsugar (for the first time) for fun today and it hurt like h e c k and left a big ol' bruise on my finger.

Never again. I will die before I get diabetes.

(The only reason I have "experience" with diabetes is because I'm a CNA and lots of my patients are diabetic. ;))
Why is your skin so feeble and weak?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

Drat, i have to go to school now.  :P see you guys at about 4!

The Witessss

there are advantages both ways, i guess. i personally have never been home schooled but i have cousins and a lot of friends who are. part of the problem with going to an actual school is that it takes longer to teach a class than one kid in a class where you move at your own rate and speed, but you make more friends (i have several enemies, too, heh heh..) but you learn to function with more people surrounding you. as an example of regular school being at a disadvantage is that i'm in a Latin class, kind of typical to take a language at school. the other kids in my class, excluding my cousin and another kid in my class, either don't comprehend that they actually have to try (at least) to learn the language as best to their ability, or they are just to lazy to learn the vocabulary of the language (and it's not that they are dumb, necessarily either)! as a result, we aren't moving along as fast as we could because the rest of the students don't care enough to be able to move forward! and it's not the teachers fault either. he is great and probably the best teacher i have ever had. (he also teaches 2 of my other classes) but then again i go to a private school so things are probably better there than other places, even.

Cornflower MM

As a homeschooler, I'd just like to input that as long as the homeschooled kid has other activities with kids (Dance [like me], sports, band, chorus) then socially you're quite likely to turn out just fine. I have people problems, but they're not from being homeschooled they're from me being me. :P

The Witessss

i have a lot of home school friends and they are mostly pretty social and nice, though most of them have a crazy amount of siblings (ie 11).

Tungro

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 22, 2019, 10:58:57 PM
As a homeschooler, I'd just like to input that as long as the homeschooled kid has other activities with kids (Dance [like me], sports, band, chorus) then socially you're quite likely to turn out just fine. I have people problems, but they're not from being homeschooled they're from me being me. :P
Very Same!

Quote from: The Witessss on February 22, 2019, 11:16:00 PM
i have a lot of home school friends and they are mostly pretty social and nice, though most of them have a crazy amount of siblings (ie 11).
Youngest of 7

The Witessss

my point being that people home schooled seem often less social.

not that i have much experience with huge classes either, my 7th grade class is 6 people (yes we are a functioning school) and the 8th has two people. my brother being half the class. (we also have combined classes, if you are wondering)

(second oldest of 8.)