News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

For when you don't PSOT

Started by Ashleg, April 24, 2018, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

@danflorreguba

No, I admit that, but most of it is in joking, and the insulting that I was handed here was, how do you say... completely inappropriate.

If anyone thought I was actually mad at them, they truly don't know me. My nudging of Corn has always been a back-and-forth joke which I thought we both saw that way, as it has been made pretty clear in the past and on Discord, and the sudden outcry at this is unbelievable.

I am not saying "ohhh I just don't want to try new things!!!!", I'm saying I was not in the mood for a Skipper, and therefore would have to force it, resulting in no fun.

((And I realize that other people could and do find that fun. I'm not policing what you're allowed to think is fun or not.))

If any of you thought I was mad it was your misinterpretation. I wasn't, until I was insulted.

The Skarzs

"Sulkfest" and "Snowflake" are the insults you are talking about, correct?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Sulkfest was just a friendly ribbing as far as I know. Snowflake was used because I felt that you went completely off the rails at said friendly ribbing.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

But he still feels insulted, Del.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I am aware...give me a moment.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Thanks, Danny. :)

And as Ashleg said, his nudging we do find a joke - Admittedly, a joke that gets annoying and exasperating from to time and travels to places that doesn't make sense but no less a joke.

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 01, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
"Sulkfest" and "Snowflake" are the insults you are talking about, correct?

Yep.
And it didn't come across to the ribbing I was used to from Corn, so I interpreted it as an insult.

I'm good with Corn, though, 'cause she apologized.

Give you a moment for what, Del?

Quote from: MeadowR on May 01, 2018, 07:07:35 PM
*Hands out cups of tea*

Good thought, but... yuck.

The Skarzs

Alright. Forgive and forget?

Kiss and make up?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Delthion

For attempting to come up with an appropriate response. By moment a meant a few hours. ;D

Ashleg

That response could just be "Sorry, Ash" and mine could be "Tis fine, it's all cool." :P

....could.

Dannflower Reguba

Ash, you're fishing for apologies while bloating any supposed slight someone may have made against you. You're also not doing yourself any favors by making as big a deal of this as you are, seeing as neither "insult" carried much weight at all (thereby making the description of snowflake entirely legitimate which also means you can't fault Del for describing you this way as you've proven his analysis correct).

Just like the rest of us, you're not perfect (and we don't expect you to be either). The problem here is that you've pushed other's buttons without even realizing it, and are now getting upset over the backlash. The best advice I can offer you right now is to not respond here, at least for awhile. Go write somewhere else on the forum (on a completely different and unrelated topic mind you :P), talk on discord about something else, etc. When you come back, read over your posts (on this topic, starting from the very first post, and ONLY your posts) as if you were the one receiving them, not sending. I don't know if it'll work or not, but I'm hoping that you can discern the passive aggression from post 1 and see how it turns to more active aggression as the topic continues.

I don't like writing stuff like this Ash, but I couldn't call you friend if I wasn't honest about this situation. I hate drama, and I've had a terrible time of dealing with it on the forum in the past, but I can't just watch this without saying something. It's not fair, not to Del, not to Corn, and (in terms of introspection) not to you.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

As a warning, Dan, Ash may not read that as you intended it. I understand your desire to have him see things through your eyes, but perhaps it may be wise to read through all this through his first.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

What Skarzs said.

You even acknowledged that I didn't realize nor intend it, so the fact that there's still backlash is wild. Why are you dragging this out? And you can't tell me to go somewhere else and not defend myself while still saying things against me.

Just because you think the insults didn't carry weight doesn't mean I didn't (they were aimed at me, after all). I don't think I'm bloating it. If I (non-jokingly) called Del a name he'd have the right to be mad, if in his eyes it was uncalled for.

Don't know how many times I must say I didn't mean harm in order to get that accepted by you people.

And like I said before: if I did harm, which I obviously accidentally did, it was you guys' interpretation of what I said, not what I meant. So, sorry for causing that, but I did not resort to namecalling, and I don't see why it's so bad to ask for an apology to that.

Please stop beating me up over something I didn't intend.