Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Scooby Doo

Started by The Witessss, January 30, 2019, 09:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Hickory

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on February 08, 2019, 10:52:29 PM
Watch Mystery Incorporated, it's actually insane. It has, in no particular order
-Actual magic
-Actual aliens
-Nazi death robots (no I'm not kidding)
-Child abuse and neglect
-Character death

Reminder: This is an actual Scooby Doo series.
That's the newest one, right? Probably my favorite iteration, if only for its version of Velma... though a good deal of jokes in it are funny regardless.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Witessss

I think the newest is 'be cool Scooby doo' or something stupid like that.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Hickory on February 09, 2019, 01:58:23 AM
That's the newest one, right? Probably my favorite iteration, if only for its version of Velma... though a good deal of jokes in it are funny regardless.
Second newest, I think. It was great. And yeah Velma was the best part of it.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Witessss

I actually liked her a lot less than the old ones in than era of Doo, not for any reason that stands out to me, though.

Jetthebinturong

Eh I feel like comparing classic Velma to MI Velma is comparing apples to oranges really, as they both try to do wildly different things. Mystery Incorporated takes the Scooby Doo characters and formula, and then turns it into a serialised story with plot and character arcs. Whereas other Scooby Doo series very much rely on being stagnant, as the draw of the show is the mystery aspect, and the characters don't have any development. It's what I feel makes Mystery Incorporated utterly unique among countless iterations of Scooby Doo.

The Witessss

although I do think MI is more unique, I feel that the older ones have more character and are sweeter for the general audiences overall. I mean, if you are having a show about ghosts and mysteries it can't be sunshine and rainbows, but MI seems a little more than vaguely dark.

The Grey Coincidence

Mystery Incorporated is great! (And I'm not just saying that because I love powerful Shaggy... And the memes... Oh I love those memes...) They really turned the premise on it's head making the monsters real and all. Although I prefer the animation style (and theme song) of the older ones a bit more.
I like some of the movies they did too (not the live action one's those... Were so-so...) I mean the cartoon movies that always used to be on Boomerang- like the one where Velma was pretending to be Cleopatra to save the Sphinx or that one about the Samurai.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

The Witessss

ehh... the movies are kind of fine but terrible at the same time. like most shows, the oldest are always the best.

Jetthebinturong

I swear by Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost and Legend of the Vampire. Those were all great movies. Especially Zombie Island. It's Terror Time Again was on a loop in my head for years after I watched that movie.

The Witessss

I watched Zombie Island when is was probably four, and that haunted my dreams for a long while afterwards.

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: The Witessss on February 09, 2019, 01:55:34 PM
ehh... the movies are kind of fine but terrible at the same time. like most shows, the oldest are always the best.

Indeed. Arthur is a perfect example of that.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss

The Shadow of Korriban

Am I the only one who thinks Shaggy and Scoob are slaves? :-|
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss

They do seem like they get forced into things, but really they get bribed with Scooby snacks. 😀