Do/did you play a band (symphonic band) instrument?

Started by yeswonderful, November 18, 2011, 02:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If so, which is/was your main instrument?

Flute
1 (6.7%)
Piccolo
0 (0%)
Alto Saxophone
0 (0%)
Tenor Saxophone
0 (0%)
Bari Saxophone
0 (0%)
Trumpet/Cornet
2 (13.3%)
Euphonium
1 (6.7%)
Tuba
0 (0%)
Percussion
1 (6.7%)
Oboe
0 (0%)
Bassoon
0 (0%)
English Horn
0 (0%)
French Horn
1 (6.7%)
Trombone
0 (0%)
B flat Clarinet
4 (26.7%)
Bass Clarinet
0 (0%)
Other
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

yeswonderful

I think I covered all the main parts. There's alto and contrabass clarinet, I know, as well as contrabassoon, bass trombone, flugelhorn and soprano sax, but I figure all those can fall into the "Other" category if there's random chance that someone plays one of them as their main instrument.  ;)

Anyways, just curious if there are other current or former band geeks out there! I started on trumpet, but switched to euphonium and have never looked back. Great instrument. Played it through high school and college, and am still taking lessons and enjoying the gift of music!
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Lutra

Played french horn many years ago. I think I still remember the fingerings and how to read music if I absolutely had to...probably would have to work hard to get the chops back though.  :P  I felt I was decent with the instrument and played in a couple of school musicals once I left high school, but scheduling got in the way and I eventually stopped playing altogether.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Trigoma

still in band. Junior Percussionist FTW! im also in choir :3
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Folgrimeo

Used to play a clarinet and played as part of a band concert once, but nothing too particularly fancy. Even had a wood clarinet bought for me (as opposed to the plastic ones the class had in reserve for when a student didn't have one). But then we moved to a different house far away, so I had to stop attending band class... and with that went the last time I ever played. I have some talent for musical instruments but no drive to pursue it alone.

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Bananagirl

GO TRUMPETS!!!!!!!!!
as you can probably tell i play the trumpet in my band, i started on it and i am still at it, i also sing in my bands choir

Icefire

I play clarinet!!!
You had a wood clarinet, Folgrimeo? So jealous!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Icefire

Trigoma

Wish me luck in band! Im auditioning for honer band...and im gonna utterly fail xD. Barley practiced my music yesterday...but nonetheless, auditions r in an hr. o.o
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

Lily

Quote from: Trigoma on December 12, 2011, 08:42:25 PM
Wish me luck in band! Im auditioning for honer band...and im gonna utterly fail xD. Barley practiced my music yesterday...but nonetheless, auditions r in an hr. o.o

Good luck! Let us know how it went. :)

Icefire

Quote from: Lily on December 14, 2011, 08:51:10 AM
Quote from: Trigoma on December 12, 2011, 08:42:25 PM

Good luck! Let us know how it went. :)
Yes, let us know! Aren't auditions so much fun? (sarcasm dripping from my words) :P

Trigoma

—Happy Mask Salesman