Lock This Topic Too! (By Next New Year's Day!!!)

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, October 31, 2019, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Even if they're virtual posts, he's either got a document with all of them written upon it, or he quotes every post he's eaten. Eaten implies that the posts are somehow off the forum.... See what I mean?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Cornflower MM

I suppose, technically it does, but you have to shift to forum reality.

Verdauga

So, now that we've had another little error 500 spat yesterday, how did the original forum go down? Payment failure?

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

Something like that. The original owners/operators of the site didn't pay or update it, and there wasn't anything we could do. Thankfully, James Gryphon along with Sierra and some other mods and admins were able to contact them and gain control of the site. We owe the life of this forum to those guys.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Verdauga

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 30, 2019, 02:30:28 PM
Quote from: Booklover on December 30, 2019, 11:25:11 AM
Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 29, 2019, 08:48:27 PM
So! The forum was down earlier for a length of time that I don't know. It is approaching the end of the year. Is this history repeating itself or just a random coincidence? Let us discuss.
I had to re-login. It took me a while to remember my password, but I worked it out eventually.

I as well; I was almost offended when it asked for my login  :laugh:
To quickly clarify this: the log-in was just because we upgraded the forum to a new version of SMF and everyone has to log in again after updates.

Quote from: Verdauga on December 30, 2019, 11:07:24 PM
So, now that we've had another little error 500 spat yesterday, how did the original forum go down? Payment failure?

There was a minor error in upgrading (due to some faulty SMF software) but this resolved itself quickly and shouldn't be an ongoing issue.
Received mostly negative reviews.

shisteer of nothing much

Ah,  the blessing of being away from internet and its issues. (looks up at stars, disappointed to see the marae ceiling instead)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Should we get back on topic (so basically make as many comments as possible without them being useless spam)?

Kade Rivok

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 31, 2019, 08:49:06 AM
Ah,  the blessing of being away from internet and its issues. (looks up at stars, disappointed to see the marae ceiling instead)

Ah, so you DO have internet  ;D

Quote from: Booklover on December 31, 2019, 09:36:27 AM
Should we get back on topic (so basically make as many comments as possible without them being useless spam)?

Indeed.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Rosie Willowwater

Verdauga

Kade Rivok

No, we must make it in time!  Everyone!  Post!
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Except anybody who's GMT+9 or after. For them it's already 2020, and without perfect vision, we can't see them.