News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lock This Topic Too! (By Next New Year's Day!!!)

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, October 31, 2019, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

*Taps counter* And add a Root Beer to that please.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 08, 2020, 07:59:42 PM
Now that's more like it. None of this sissy coffee stuff.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Booklover

*is offended* Even Arridi coffee with honey in?

Wylder Treejumper

Well, since I've never had coffee, I couldn't say there's any difference in any of it. So, yes, I suppose.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 08, 2020, 08:00:36 PM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on May 08, 2020, 07:59:42 PM
Now that's more like it. None of this sissy coffee stuff.
I don't think BP has rootbeer. I mean, it might. As for coffee, it tastes good, even if it is 'sissy', as you put it. Besides, chai latte isn't coffee.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Booklover on May 08, 2020, 08:01:19 PM
*is offended* Even Arridi coffee with honey in?
Nope. Root Beer all the way.

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 08, 2020, 08:02:27 PM
Well, since I've never had coffee, I couldn't say there's any difference in any of it. So, yes, I suppose.
And you haven't read Ranger's Apprentice, I take it?

Wylder Treejumper

I personally own 2 A&W mugs just so I can drink my root beer in proper style  ;D

@Booklover : Well, I read a couple of the books, but I always found the writing rather... mediocre.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Booklover

That explains why you didn't get the reference. But you should try reading them again, it's a great series.

shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, it is a bit second rate. I was really into them before I started reading Redwall but they kind of annoy me now.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

I prefer series that fall more towards the 'Chronicles of Prydain,' an enormously significant series despite it's brevity and simplicity.

Less deeply meaningful but still fun are Brandon Mull and Shannon Hale (Mull's stories are more colorful- Fablehaven is the standard there- but Hale is the better author. Goose Girl is an absolutely fantastic book).
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

I assume he likes it, if he's on this forum.

shisteer of nothing much

Interesting. Read anything by Francine Rivers?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!