News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Just because.

Started by One-Eye the wildcat, November 15, 2019, 01:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Ah, je comprends, mon amie
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Booklover

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 16, 2019, 07:48:39 PM
Ah, je comprends, mon amie
You're friends? I might be wrong, as my French isn't great (although I know some obscure phrases like mal-de-mer).
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

No, plural would me mes amis.  Singular is mon ami (masculine) or mon amie (feminine)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

So Lass is your friend but you aren't Lass's friend?

Kade Rivok

I'm not real sure what you're going for, but "Je comprends, mon amie" means "I understand, my friend".
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

I worked that out. Which means, if you're referring to Lass as your friend, then that implies you two are friends. I said 'you're friends?' meaning 'you are friends', which is plural. But you then said it was singular.

Kade Rivok

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know that "you're" means "you are" BL.  They way you said...

Quote from: Booklover on December 16, 2019, 08:19:38 PM
You're friends? I might be wrong, as my French isn't great (although I know some obscure phrases like mal-de-mer).

...made it sound as if you were questioning the form of "mon amie" that I was using by saying that it was plural, which is why I said what I did. 

If you were, instead, questioning as to whether Lass and I are actually friends; why wouldn't we be?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

lass of something much

𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Trust me, I would not be a reliable teacher.  I only remember a few phrases, words, and conjugations at best  :P  Sorry
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Booklover

Or cips?

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 16, 2019, 08:55:23 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know that "you're" means "you are" BL.  They way you said...

Quote from: Booklover on December 16, 2019, 08:19:38 PM

...made it sound as if you were questioning the form of "mon amie" that I was using by saying that it was plural, which is why I said what I did. 

If you were, instead, questioning as to whether Lass and I are actually friends; why wouldn't we be?
I was questioning my knowledge of French. Anyway, haven't you thrown food at each other and other things that ld indicate that you might not be friends?
Quote from: lass of something much on December 17, 2019, 08:21:04 AM
*nocks kade out cold, then tosis him out the dorw* DO NOT hit my sister, only I'm aloud to do that! (and Ebby)

Kade Rivok

Eh, I forget which thread it was, but I said something along the lines of "On this site, murder and attempted murder just shows that you care"  ;D
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Knocking somebody out isn't exactly murder or attempted murder.