Wildcats or Badgers

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 27, 2011, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What beast is stronger

Badger
Wildcat

Delthion

I mean one that's the main good guy.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

Quote from: PluggFiretail on December 22, 2014, 04:50:52 AM
Quote from: Delthion on December 21, 2014, 09:48:28 PM
I think it would be interesting to see a good wildcat.
What about Gingivere?
IKR, he was cool. Like, really suave.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

So badgers are technically larger than ats, though it is clear that their claws are more blunt. Cats are also built in a more agile way, while badgers are stockier. So it's even: strength vs. agility. However, badgers are just more resilient. As seen in Mossflower, Tsarmina is driven baack by the onslaught of Martin. A badger would have lasted longer.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Wildcats and cats are not the same thing and wildcats are bigger than badgers
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

They are? I didn't know that. Was Tsarmania a wild cat or a normal cat?

Lady Amber

I think she might have been a wildcat; I'm not completely sure, though.

Maudie

She was a wildcat. The cat, Gingevere, in the Original Redwall book was a feral cat, so like a domesticated cat turned wild. The main bad guy in High Rhulain was a wildcat, but his followers were feral cats.

I must include a quote, so here you go. "All that is gold does not glitter." LOTR.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

OHHHH ok. What kind of size difference is there?

James Gryphon

In real life, the European wildcat is not dissimilar to a house cat, though they are a little larger, have thicker fur, and a non-tapered tail.

The European badger is notably larger than the European wildcat, though. I think Jett got wildcats confused with the Eurasian lynx, which are several times as large as a domestic or feral cat and indeed larger than badgers.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Mask on December 26, 2014, 05:12:46 PM
She was a wildcat. The cat, Gingevere, in the Original Redwall book was a feral cat, so like a domesticated cat turned wild. The main bad guy in High Rhulain was a wildcat, but his followers were feral cats.

I must include a quote, so here you go. "All that is gold does not glitter." LOTR.

Squire Julian Gingivere was a marmalade cat.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

That Gingivere was from the book Redwall, and yes he was a marmalade cat. When they say feral they mean domesticated more or less, which was what S. J. Gingivere was. However, the Gingivere from Mossflower was wildcat.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 16, 2015, 03:06:55 PM
That Gingivere was from the book Redwall, and yes he was a marmalade cat. When they say feral they mean domesticated more or less, which was what S. J. Gingivere was. However, the Gingivere from Mossflower was wildcat.

Yes, Gingivere was a wildcat in Mossflower,  but he was not a feral cat.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 16, 2015, 11:53:10 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on January 16, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

Yes, Gingivere was a wildcat in Mossflower,  but he was not a feral cat.

To clarify, they're two different cats. There are two Gingiveres. I'm not sure whether or not you were confused about that, but I'm saying it anyway.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Skyblade

They're worthy competition for each other, as it was stated in Lord Brocktree that Lord Brocktree and Ungatt Trunn were evenly matched. I'd have to go with badgers, though, because the Redwall series also makes it clear that they are considered more powerful than many other species (hence why they rule Salamandastron). And if Bloodwrath kicks in during a fight, they're almost unstoppable.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!