News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Have you noticed

Started by Taggerung The Otter, November 28, 2011, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

Have yenoticed while reading redwall books any sayins that BJ says alot. Ah notice he say "In there element" alot ;)
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Captain Tammo

I like the "... Like he/she survived a 7 season famine!" or "where does he/she put it all?!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung The Otter

that 's funny...ah thought o' dis topic while readin' Doomwhyte las nite
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Captain Tammo

How're you liking the book so far? Is this you're first time reading the series?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung The Otter

ah'v read most've tha two times...'xcpt for The Rouge crew..ah need tae read dat 'un.

Lutra

"You little rouge!" or something similar.

"Go and boil your head!" or something similar.

Mr. Jacques definitely liked some common phrases.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung The Otter

Captain Tammo

"so if you're ever in Mossflower, stop by. Our doors are always open to those with good heart" it's the same phrase, but different for every book

Tiria Wildlough

Yes, Brian Jacques had a lot of little phrases. It's called writing style.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Have you noticed he's really good at making up insults? :D I love it when a couple of characters get into an insult battle!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Captain Tammo

It's always fun watching how those turn out ;D or eating competitions

Icefire

Quote from: Captain Tammo on December 11, 2011, 05:51:16 PM
It's always fun watching how those turn out ;D or eating competitions
Totally! I like how it's usually a hare involved in both...
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Dotti

That's why I don't want anyone else to take over writing the Redwall series:  Mr. Jacques had a unique style that no one else has.  And that's what makes Redwall what it is! :)

EDIT:  That's also why I don't usually read fanfiction because it's not "real" Redwall.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Balvayne

Quote from: Dotti on December 16, 2011, 12:35:12 AM
That's why I don't want anyone else to take over writing the Redwall series:  Mr. Jacques had a unique style that no one else has.  And that's what makes Redwall what it is! :)

That right there hits the nail on the head. Jaques' style is impossible to capture. I firmly believe that anyone who took over his series would not be nearly as successful as him. Although the books were the same formula, because of his writing, I could read them over and over again. He mastered the art of rhetoric for all ages.

I also love the point of insults that Icefire mentioned, because it really is great how well he was at creating insults between characters.

Driffle

Have u noticed that when Slagar says Lunars stelaris then sunar lastrais