News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Ratty Driftwood

Started by Faclan, January 23, 2020, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebantu the Kararehe

Somebeasts screamed warcries as they attacked, Belladonna knew, but she preferred to approach swiftly and silently. No sense in drawing unnecessary attention to oneself in a battle, she believed. She heard Mharbrow speak and focused on the present.
  The vixen held her sabre in her right paw and her dagger in her left. She planned to skirt round the outside of the fight and take care of raiding the buildings. She would like to survive this attack with minimal injuries, and skipping straight to the houses seemed like the safest bet. Belladonna hesitated just long enough to avoid being in the front line, then charged.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Wylder Treejumper

Suddenly, a terrifying cry split the clash of combat in the village. "Eulaliaaaa!!! Death's on the wind!"

Shouting war cries with abandon, the hares of the Long Patrol burst into the village on the sea vermin's flank. Having acted with all possible speed, they had left Elgon to bind Tul and immediately charged towards the village at full speed. At the shouts, a sea rat towards the edge of the village looked up from leering wickedly at a squirrelmaid cowering against the outside of one of the farmhouses. He hardly had time to gasp in horror and confusion before Cpt Cardilon leapt forward and took him with a flying saber thrust through the neck. Behind him, the other 8 hares of the patrol charged into the village proper, weapons out and shouting blood and vinegar.

After a split second taken to usher the terrified woodlander inside, the Captain turned and found himself staring straight at a vixen slinking silently along the edge of the woodlands, also holding a saber in her paw. Taking a stride forward, he smiled grimly and extended his own saber to greet her.

OOC: Your play, @Ebantu the Kararehe . Also, I left open what happens to Tul @Faclan , you are free to control Elgon.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna's eyes locked with those of the hare, and she bared her fangs in a snarl. "You always have to show up where you're not wanted, don't you?" she hissed, and slashed at the Long Patrol captain. The vixen felt a jolt of doubt as she realised, too late, that she was hopelessly outmatched. Her eyes betrayed her fear but she would not surrender; she expected no mercy from this hare.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Faclan

It was the screams that first alerted Tul to the fact that the battle had been started. The crew had chosen to indeed raid the settlement. Just as he was having his paws securely bound in front of him and his ankles hobbled together. At least he was alive. He needed to focus on that. Trying not to look at the hare that had been left to guard him he didn't resist when he was sat down against a tree and then watched the hare pacing back and fourth as the battlecries of the patrol rang out. It was clear that he wished to be with them. Not sitting back here watching a vermin. But Tul tried to make it worth his while at least.

"Uha...Sir'ah. Ta' e's a' fe'w me'ba'hs a' ma' o'ld cr'we he'd c'pt've a' wel'. Ta'y w'ul'd 'ppr'c'te a' r'scu'e." (Uhh sir. There is a few members of my old crew held captive as well. They would appreciate a rescue.)

He hoped that wouldn't be doling out brands and mutilation's to himself and his crew...even if they were pirates they were victims here too dangit!

(I think we could have a little dialogue while the more action orientated stuff is going on @Wylder Treejumper :>)

Wylder Treejumper

Cpt Cardilon

In reply, the captain merely took a long stride forward, closing to saber range with the bristling vixen. He was not the kind to waste words on seascum. He began probing her defenses, a jab here and a short slash there, the clash and parry of the sabers slowly narrowing the gap between them to an effective fighting distance. He could see that she was experienced with the saber, but years of practice on defenseless goodbeasts had done no wonders for her dueling skills. Locking fiercely narrowed eyes onto the glowing eyes of the pirate in front of him, he suddenly dropped down into an elegant lunge, saber whistling as it charted a course for the vixen's torso.

--------------

Elgon

Taken aback by Tul's indecipherable accent, the young galloper rubbed his ears. "Eh, wot's that, ol' chap? I didn't understand a blinkin' word of whatever it wos that y'said." After listening again, a little more carefully this time, he paused a moment in thought.

The cap'n 'll have my ears for breakfast it I leave the prisoner unguarded. But, wouldn't it be a jolly surprise if I brought back another boatload of prisoners? In any case, I don't suppose it'd hurt as long as I took the old bean with me, quiet like. Just to see what's the recon, and such.

He drew his dirk and placed it on Tul's back, then growled out as menacingly as he could, "Righty, me hearty chap-o- or whatever you pirate types call each other- take me to your mates. And don't make a bloomin' peep, or I'll skewer you right in your thingummy, I will!"
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna saw the thrust coming a fraction of a second too late. She leapt sideways and gasped as the hare's sabre cut into her, not quite missing. She dropped her own weapon and clutched at her side, sinking slowly to the ground, her face twisted in pain. The vixen turned her head away from the captain and closed her eyes, waiting for him to strike. "Curse you, longears." she whispered through gritted teeth.

And until we meet again,

Wylder Treejumper

Looking down into the hard eyes of the vixen, Cpt Cardilon raised his saber for the blow that would send this scourge, this murderer of innocent beasts, to the Dark Forest. Yet even as he swung, a voice directly behind him cried out loudly, "NO!", startling him. The saber thrummed past Belladonna's head and buried itself in the earth.

"What in the bloomin' blazes are y'doing?" He said furiously at the squirrelmaiden he had saved just moments earlier, who had rushed out from the door and thrown herself down by the wounded vermin.

"She is wounded- incapacitated. You cannot just kill her!" the maid protested, shielding the fox with her arms.

The captain drew up in a towering rage."That vile murdering scum has taken the lives of many an innocent woodland beast like y'self, miss- children, old beasts, and injured ones alike! And she would just as flippin' likely take yours, if she weren't wounded as y'say."

"All the same," she insisted firmly, "I won't allow you to kill her, not in this state."

Cpt Cardilon drew back. "Then she is in your care, miss," he said coldly. "Take care not to become her next victim." Bending over, he quickly stripped the vixen of her weapons, then turned back to the battle without hesitation.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna had flinched as Captain Cardilon's sabre whistled past her and flinched again as the squirrelmaid touched her. She listened in a shocked daze as the young creature defended her from the Long Patrol captain; she didn't move as he took both her daggers and picked up her sabre from where it had fallen from her paw. The vixen opened her eyes and tried to speak, wincing at the pain.
  "Why didn't you let him kill me?" she whispered. "One of my comrades attacked you just now, and yet you just saved my life." It didn't make sense. This squirrelmaid should hate her. Belladonna shook her head. It hurt too much to think clearly. Her vision swam, she squeezed her eyes shut tight and tried not to throw up.

And until we meet again,

Verdauga

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 17, 2020, 07:10:10 AM
  Sliteye returned Wrackfur's snort, sneering derisively.
  "I don' plan t'lose th'tracks of 'oe'er was spyin' on us. Cap'n's no' the on'y beast who doesn' want to be slung on the end o' a Long Patrol spear. If yer goin' t'come, stow the gab an' let's git movin'."
  Pushing past the other weasel, Sliteye contined his march, his eyes scanning either side of the obscure path for clues of who had passed by, and when. He felt he was gaining on the beast and he increased his pace, fully aware of the idiot weasel behind him. Stupid creature'll probably ruin everythin'. He's as noisy as a flippin' hedgehog! he thought, rolling his eyes as he heard another loud crack of a branch snapping. A blind badger could track that fool! The Cap'n's usually a fairly sensible beast. Don't know why 'e didn' give 'im a dagger in th'ribs. Maybe I should do th'Cap'n a favour an' stick 'im. Could add a spot o' fun t'this cursed trip... nah, beda no'.
  Sliteye continued, encouraged by the fresh tracks in front of him and energised by the thought inspecting Wrackfur's insides with his knife.
At length Wrackfur leaned over to Sliteye and whispered loudly into his ear, "Y'know, th' point o' trackin' beasts is to not step oveh all th'leaves in creation!"
He had no sooner gotten the words out of his mouth when the Long Patrol warcries echoed across the forest, but Wrackfur honed in on a quieter sound. Clamping a paw over Sliteye's mouth (or rather his face) he hissed, "Now's not the toime fer gabbin'. Our liddle friend's just ahead!" That said, Wrackfur dashed loudly through the forest toward the sound.

{Sorry if that is powerplaying. I'll modify it if you want.}
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

(It's perfectly fine)

Sliteye cursed the other weasel's hide, guts and every other part of a beast's anatomy that he could remember, which included snout, ears, tongue, teeth, several different creatively nasty terms for the lower regions of the torso and claws.
  "Stupit creecher! 'Spose, if 'e ge's sticked, i' 'll save me th' trubbl, an' migh' e'en privide a touch o' warnin'."
  Sliteye kept his steady pace forward, continuing to avoid brittle twigs or crunchy leaves. He was more comfortable aboard ship, where he didn't have to worry about such things, but he was competent enough on land to be able to survive.
  A good thin', too. the weasel reflected, his ears picking up the sounds of battle in the village with ease. I pro'ly won' 'ave no crew lef' neither, once th' fightin's done.

Captain Mharbow PhantomPaint's POV:

Mharbrow cursed as he heard the war cries of the Long Patrol and turned to greet the new danger, ignoring the young hogmaid he'd been menacing as she scurried for safety. The crew had scattered to gather loot and start attacking, so they were mostly alone, some in pairs.
  Dyemhar readied his scimitars as a fit looking hare bounded towards him, yelling battlecries and chatting interchangeably. The fox captain had just enough time to see one of the rat twins dispatched by a tall, officious looking hare before he was fully engaged with the incesantly prattling beast.
  "Eulalia! Take that, old boy! Huh, y'think that trick'll work on me, wot! Much too experienced for that sort, doncha know! I say, jolly rude of you, slicing a chap's tum, wot! That white tummy fluff was my ole gran's pride and joy, wot wot, old lad. She won't be very pleased t'see you've stained it, no sah! Blood'n'vinegar, wot! I'll have y'guts for an appetiser and what little brains you have for after, wot! O'course, y' legs would be the main meal, doncha know. Very partial to an ole' fox leg or three. Yowch! Leave me ears alone, y'great pudden walloper! Hah, take that, frog sniffer! Boil me bones, will y'leave my footpaws alone, sah! Jolly rude of you, attackin' a beast's footpaws when 'e's too busy tryin' t' attack yore 'ead to notice! Oi! The forepaws are even less respectable, swig swiller! Hey, git back 'ere and finish th'fight! I can still use m'left paw, wot!"
  PhantomPaint ignored the injured beast's empty threats and accusations of cowardice, knowing better than the hare did that he was out of action, most likely on a permanent basis. If he didn't die from blood loss or infection, he'd be crippled for life. Surveying the battlescene, the captain caught sight of a huddled heap of redbrown fur on the ground, slightly away from the main fight. A squirrelmaid was leaning over her and, from the close distance, Mharbrow could clearly make out the blood from the vixen's side.
  "That squirrel will pay with her life!" the captain muttered, his eyes narrowed into slits and his teeth clenched angrily as he skirted the battlefield, gaining speed and knocking the squirrelmaid to the ground, holding one of his blades at her throat.
  "You killed the vixen, so I'll kill you. I'll do it very slowly and make sure you feel every inch of pain, squirrel! Are you ready?"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Suddenly, the tip of a saber hovered into the searat captain's field of vision. "Quite right, y'know- the small, unarmed squirrelmaiden wounded a vicious, experienced murder (who is most certainly not dead yet, by the by). Just the quality of observation I'd expect from a decorated bit of flotsam like y'self, wot. That happened to be myself, sirrah- and now, I suggest you step away from the lady and face me like a gentlebeast. Unless, of course, menacing maidens is all the real quality you have..." The words were spoken softly, but they were as hard as frozen steel. The ghost of a touch of the saber on the vermin's throat made the consequences for denying the offer perfectly clear.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow froze for a second, then smiled fiercely, pressed his scimitar blade closer to the squirrelmaid's throat.
  "You move that fur styler one bit closer to me and the squirrel dies. Back off three steps and I'll face you properly. I'm not accepting a duel while I'm being held at bladepoint, ready to go down the moment I've agreed to your terms. Want to be killed like a civilised beast, you need to give me room to bring such fate upon you."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna shook her head to clear it and tried to place her paw on her captain's arm. "Mharbrow, please...don't kill her. She...she saved my life. She didn't hurt me. Please." She felt dizzy again and rested her head briefly against Dyemhar's shoulder. The vixen's paws were covered in her own blood and she chlenched her teeth tightly, trying not to moan at the pain in her side.

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow ducked under the hare's sabre, rising to his footpaws, his blade still placed on the squirrelmaid's neck and his eyes locked with Captain Cardilon's.
  "I won't kill her unless I have to. Here's the deal, long ears: You let me and my crew go free, without any pursuit, and I'll let the squirrel live. In fact, once we're a sufficient distance from you and your hares, we'll even let her go. You have ten seconds to make your choice. If you choose wisely, you'll tell your hares to stop fighting and give up their weapons. If not, she dies."
  The fox kept his gaze fixed firmly on the hare, knowing that it would be a hard decision to make. He'd likely try to argue and negotiate until the terms were more in his favour, but Dyemhar knew what he wanted and he wouldn't settle for anything less.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Faclan

(That was some rapid posting! Fine work peeps :> I think I'm right in thinking that Tuls few remaining crew mates were left back at the camp between those trees? If not lemme know and I'll edit.)

Thankfully for all parties involved besides those seeking him out Tul was silent. Accent hidden away for now as he just nodded and led the hare off as best he could into the forest. Mainly moving away from the main sounds of battle and back toward things he reckongised. And thankfully as his former job was a navigator he was very good at this. And in a rather short amount of time he had led them both back to the former camp of the corsairs. Pretty much deserted now thankfully.

He had done nothing to cover his tracks however as he did his best to point with his ratty snooter at the two trees the others were tied too. But like he had been ordered to he said nothing. Just waited to see what the hare had to say about this as he stood there. Hoping for the best really. There were a few guards he could see. Maybe there was more than two? He hoped not. Prisoners of the Patrol would be better than prisoners of the enemy crew. At least the Patrol were less likely to torture you to death.

Well...hopefully.