News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The seed has awakened.

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, February 14, 2020, 12:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

*was about to enter the room, stretching and rubbing sleep from eyes, but is stopped by Puawai*

Good morning, dearie. I was just coming up to get you. Breakfast is ready in the dining hall, so it is.

Ah, thank you, Whaea. I'll be right down. (after I go have dinner in real life)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

*a very sleepy Lass stays ongard*
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Ebantu the Kararehe

(Bye guys! I need to get off the screen. ^-^)
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

lass of something much

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

*arrives in dining hall and takes a seat halfway down the table, nodding a greeting to Cedric* Good morning. Sleep well?

Yes thank you, Lady. I'm glad to see you're still not your usual self.

*grins* I'm sure you are. I was meaning to ask you, would you help me free the rest of the slaves? I could probably do all the rest of them today if I didn't have to stop to sort out paperwork. Puawai can show you how to impersonate my signature and then you can sort out all that stuff while I do the practical side of things.

Of course, Lady. I'd be happy to help, only... forging signatures? That sounds highly illegal and not the sort of thing a beast would commonly ask me to do.

It'll be fine. The legality of it won't be questioned because, with Puawai as your teacher, you'll get it perfect every time. If it makes you uncomfortable though, I could ask another beast to do it. There are plenty here.

No, don't worry. I'll be fine. My hesitation was more due to the fact that you might regret freeing us and bring it up as an issue over which to take us back.

Trust me, Cedric, I will never regret freeing you.

*drops eyes to the ground* Trust must be earned.

*sighs* I know, and I haven't done a lot before now to earn your trust. It appears much the opposite, in fact, and I'm sorry for that. Please though, don't throw away any attempt I make to be respectable as a temporary mood swing. Or, at least, consider my words and actions. Please?

Alright, I'll try. Just bear in mind, it's not easy for me. I know you best out of all your slaves and have seen more of what you're capable of than any beast would want. Have patience and I'll have the same.

Deal. *shakes paws* Now, should we go make a start?

Not without breakfast you don't, young lady! Goodness me, you've barely been seated for five minutes. Here, eat up. *plonks plate of food in front of Teer*

*groans and mutters quietly* Seriously? That's going to take forever to eat and I'm not even hungry!

*grins broadly* Here, I'll give you a paw. I'm definitely hungry.

Sweet. *grabs two pieces of toast off plate and passes it to Cedric*

Thanks. *digs in*

's alright. *begins eating toast*

*wipes face clean with a paper towel and pushes chair out from the table* Done. Coming?

Uh-huh. *shoves remaining piece of toast in mouth and hurriedly stands up* Let's go.

Oh, Teer dearie, I forgot to tell you but I did a bit of sorting with that paperwork. It's in the office now, rather than the old discipline room, and I took the liberty to fill in basically all of it.

Oh, thanks. Where's the office, Cedric?

*looks up, frowning* I thought you already knew. Nevermind, I'll show you. By the way, this is my cousin, Moronwa.

*smiles, shaking the ottermaid's paw* Pleased to meet you, Moronwa. When everybeast has finished eating, can you tell them that I'll be freeing them in the office today? I don't believe I dealt with your band yesterday either. Here, let me... *grasps arm band and, after a few seconds, slides it off* There you go.

*blinks, surprised but happy* Thank you, Lady. I'll be sure to tell my comrades.

Now, please excuse us Moronwa, we have to get ready. Come, Lady.

*grins broadly* Yes, boss.

Apologies, I did not mean to imply-

Don't worry about it. I simply find it amusing that you now have the confidence to tell me what to do. It's good.

Well... alright then, if you say so, Lady. Here's the office.

Good, good. I suspect you might not need to learn how to forge my signature. Your job could potentially be a bit dull as I think you'll just need to hand paperwork to whoever it relates to.

*five hours later*

There you go, Zuka. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you, Lady. *accepts paperwork from Cedric and moves willingly into his hug*

I told you I'd make sure you got set free, sister. Soon you will go home with Moronwa and tell all the family how I cunningly outwitted a Taniwha.

I do not like that sentence. It implies that you will not be returning with us.

*shakes head, smiling* I have to cunningly outwit the Taniwha, and make sure she holds to her promise.

Don't worry, Zuka, I won't harm him. He'll be home by Autumn. I'll make sure of it.

Well, you did enslave us so I'm not sure how much your word counts. Still, even when you were trying, you didn't manage to break him so I suppose I can rest assured that you won't manage it now either. Keep in mind though, if he's not home by then, you'll have an entire tribe of angry otters at your door.

And if they're anything like you or your brother, I wouldn't want to have to deal with them. Don't worry, Zuka, I'll keep him safe and well fed.

*locks gaze with Taniwha for a few minutes, then nods slowly* Your eyes speak of honesty, so I believe you.

*hugs Zuka* Thanks.

Some beasts are too trusting. Ah well, I have a feeling we'll all stay here for a few more days anyway, so we can sort out rescue plans later. I'm famished and we missed lunch, and morning tea, in fact. Let's see if there's anything to eat in the kitchen.

*joins Zuka in her laughter* From what I've seen, you're as bad as a bally hare in that regard, wot wot!

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

(Teer, that's nota post, that's a small book!) Awtters!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Kade Rivok

*Is still sleeping in Teer's head, waiting for her to be through.*
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

I'm gonna need to get on my pc befor ereading that becomes a remote possibility.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

(Yeah, can't blame ya for that.)
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on March 10, 2020, 03:03:41 AM
*has forgotten where I am in this topic*
That post was on page 42. Which I sadly missed.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

lass of something much

*looks sheepish* sorry Bookie...
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

*is enjoying Kade's dream*

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

*There is no dream... only darkness.*