News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

LOCK THIS TOPIC, FELLOWS (MOLDY PUPPETS ATTACK WITH THEIR CLAWS & TEETH)

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, September 06, 2020, 11:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUR BEST WAR CRY?

LONG LIVE OUR BABY CRIES!!!
2 (9.5%)
FOR SPIRIT, SOUL, DEATH AND MIGHT!!!
3 (14.3%)
FOR POWER GLORY AND MEMORIES!
0 (0%)
Duck.
16 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vot iz 'Vot'? Vot daez 'iz' mean? Vot dae Ah mean by ze vord 'mean'? Vot dae Ah mean by ze vord 'vord'? Vot dae Ah mean by ze vord 'ze'? Vot dae Ah mean by ze vord 'Ah'? Vot dae Ah mean by lalalalalalalala, und vot dae Ah mean by vaztin' yer toime viz ziz?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russa Nodrey

I spend so much time wasting my time that it's nice when someone else does it for me. Thank you, Hiag.
Freddy

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Heroes on the front covers of books (or even in films or TV shows) wear unrealistic clothes that they would not actually be able to fight in and would not be possible in the time period the book/film/series is set.

Heroes should be allowed to wear what they want (within reason). Anybody who wears what they want (within the boundaries of decency) despite everyone else telling them not to is a hero by default anyway.

Verdauga

I mean, it depends. If it's set in history or near-history, you have a point. But a completely different worldstate has fewer rules about it. Wearing a skintight suit is probably not the best for hand-to-hand combat, but it makes less of a difference if magic or firearms are involved. Loose clothing is more of a hassle in forests where they can catch on all sorts of things, but is perfectly fine in more open environments.

Obviously, within reason. Wearing what you want despite everyone telling you not to doesn't make you a hero by default. It could make you rebellious, or maybe foolish, but most likely just an inependent thinker.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Specifically, I was thinking of a discussion I had with some people a while ago about how unrealistic cover images are for women in armour in fantasy books. Well, I wasn't involved, because I know nothing about armour.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Kade Rivok

That can't be accurate; I've never worn a kilt in my life.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Kade Rivok

Hopefully they don't plan to fly.  Or jump high.  Or kick anything.  Or roll.  Or do much climbing.

Or anything else I'm not thinking of right now.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!