News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Autumn 2021 Season Nameday Feast

Started by Cornflower MM, September 01, 2021, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booklover

Doctor Rainy?

Surprised anyone's still alive in there.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Doctor Rainy 'iz ze alter ego o' vone o' ze auld memberz named Rainshadow, vho Ah've nae zeen on 'ere in quoite a vhoile.

Regardin' 'ov zey're av ztill aloive, Ah zink zere iz a kitchen und etc. in zere...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Booklover

A kitchen in a cupboard would be useful. What about an entire world in a wardrobe?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It moight- in zome forme- be zummat loike zat taae. Or at ze very leazt a vee bit loike ze TARDIS room-vize. Tvaz zummat loike zat.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Booklover on October 07, 2021, 07:29:50 PM
Hey, I wouldn't actually do it.
Because you're not as naughty as I am. ;D
Quote from: Booklover on October 08, 2021, 06:33:25 PM
Why would we want to be at Hogwarts? Voldemort, three-headed dogs, trolls, murderous trees, pixies, acromantula, a basilisk, dementors, a werewolf, dragons, mermaids, Blast-Ended-Skrewts, Umbridge, Death Eaters and more Death Eaters. Singing would only help against one of those.
Murderous trees...?
Also, if I remember correctly, the three-headed dog, acromantula, merpeople (they weren't all maids, you know), Blast-Ended Skrewts, and the werewolf weren't all intentionally evil.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Whomping Willow.

Was the plural used in the books mermaids or merpeople? Or merfolk (I'm sure I've heard that somewher)?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Booklover on October 08, 2021, 06:33:25 PM
Why would we want to be at Hogwarts? Voldemort, three-headed dogs, trolls, murderous trees, pixies, acromantula, a basilisk, dementors, a werewolf, dragons, mermaids, Blast-Ended-Skrewts, Umbridge, Death Eaters and more Death Eaters. Singing would only help against one of those.

At ziz point: (ZPOILER!) Voldy'z gone moldy, Fluffy'z probably zomevhere elze- or at ze very leazt zomevhere vhere ztudentz are nae loikely tae gae tae, ze Troll vaz juzt zat vone toime, tiz juzt ze vone Vhompin' Villov, ze pixiez vere more fun und troublezome zan malignant, ze giant Zpiderz vere off in ze forbidden forezt, ze Bazilizk 'az gone intae retirement, ze dementorz are nae langer zere, Profezzor Lupin (ze Verevolf) iz nay zere, ze Dragonz vere only zere fer ze Trivizard Tournament, ze Merpeople are in ze loch, ze next zin'z vere alzae nae malignant, Ah juzt zrev Umbridge in ze cupboard, ze Deaz Eaterz are av captured or dead, und ditto fer ze more Deaz Eaterz. Zae 'ogvartz iz relatively a 'zafe' place.

Booklover

Actually, there was a troll at the end of PS, although it could have been the same one, and it was already knocked out.
'The Basilisk has gone into retirement'. Hmmm.
No, Norbert(a) in Philosopher's Stone.
Even without all that, Hogwarts is full of armed teenagers. Not really 'safe'.

Did you throw Umbridge into a broom cupboard or the cupboard under the stairs?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Neizer- ze vone zat Hitler, Margaret Thatcher, und Doctor Rainy are in.

Flib Bigboat

We ought to shove Peeves in there too. He'd have the time of his life.
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 09, 2021, 10:51:57 PM
At ziz point: (ZPOILER!) Voldy'z gone moldy, Fluffy'z probably zomevhere elze- or at ze very leazt zomevhere vhere ztudentz are nae loikely tae gae tae, ze Troll vaz juzt zat vone toime, tiz juzt ze vone Vhompin' Villov, ze pixiez vere more fun und troublezome zan malignant, ze giant Zpiderz vere off in ze forbidden forezt, ze Bazilizk 'az gone intae retirement, ze dementorz are nae langer zere, Profezzor Lupin (ze Verevolf) iz nay zere, ze Dragonz vere only zere fer ze Trivizard Tournament, ze Merpeople are in ze loch, ze next zin'z vere alzae nae malignant, Ah juzt zrev Umbridge in ze cupboard, ze Deaz Eaterz are av captured or dead, und ditto fer ze more Deaz Eaterz. Zae 'ogvartz iz relatively a 'zafe' place.
You forgot Norbert(a), who had nothing to do with the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Also the pixies were very malignant.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zey ztole Lockhart'z vand- zat vaz zummat benevolent.

Booklover

So how many times does Lockhart lose it? The pixies, the duel with Snape and near the end?

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Random Information: Accordin' tae ze Harry Potter viki, Lockhart vaz in Ravenclav.

Flib Bigboat

I wonder why, he doesn't seem to have any wisdom to speak of.
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy