News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you think that the animated series is for little kids??

Started by Driffle, December 17, 2011, 04:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Exactly...I'm not talking 5 year olds when I made my statement.  I meant someone about 9 or older.  "Little kids" implies like someone five or younger.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on January 08, 2012, 05:49:54 PM
Umm, I'm not sure beheadings and poison are what kids should be reading about.

Well, of coarse, it's up to the parents to decide if a child should read them. But I don't see anything that is wrong with the violence in Redwall. I always think of it as something that teaches one good from evil, right from wrong.
But, seriously, little three year olds can turn on the TV or computer and watch anything. Some things worse then beheading and poison. At least when reading Redwall, it's a good piece of literature.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Redwall Musician on January 11, 2012, 06:30:43 PM
Quote from: Plugg Firetail on January 08, 2012, 05:49:54 PM
Umm, I'm not sure beheadings and poison are what kids should be reading about.

Well, of coarse, it's up to the parents to decide if a child should read them. But I don't see anything that is wrong with the violence in Redwall. I always think of it as something that teaches one good from evil, right from wrong.
But, seriously, little three year olds can turn on the TV or computer and watch anything. Some things worse then beheading and poison. At least when reading Redwall, it's a good piece of literature.
Aye, you're right, Musician. Also, Redwall bothered me a bit when I read it, but I kept on reading them and I had no problem. I was ten.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

It depends on what they can handle. I personally love it.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

I've never seen it!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Tell me where I can find it now.
IT'S TOTALLY UNFAIR YOU ALL HAVE SEEN IT AND I HAVEN'T!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 05, 2012, 02:01:56 AM
I've never seen it!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Tell me where I can find it now.
IT'S TOTALLY UNFAIR YOU ALL HAVE SEEN IT AND I HAVEN'T!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I haven't seen much.
You can see it on youtube!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

Please keep it calm here, we don't need shouting posts.

MatthiasMan, he's right, it can be found on youtube.  If you prefer a dvd copy, amazon.com carries Season 1 at a pretty low price.  Both of these together make up the entire first season.

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Adventure-Begins-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B00330907I/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333623086&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Next-Adventure-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B004L1DB8M/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333623086&sr=1-2

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

RedwallForever12

Definitely not for kids under 8. 10 is fine to me, though. I watched the movies and enjoyed them, wish they would make more.
"Friendship is something that th blind can see and the deaf can hear"

RP Description:
  Creature: Ferret
  Color: Sable
Attitude: Sly, suspicious, natural mother
Extra: Loves to poison enemies, is nice to good creatures.
           HATES Wildcat

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Lutra on April 05, 2012, 11:52:22 AM
Please keep it calm here, we don't need shouting posts.

MatthiasMan, he's right, it can be found on youtube.  If you prefer a dvd copy, amazon.com carries Season 1 at a pretty low price.  Both of these together make up the entire first season.

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Adventure-Begins-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B00330907I/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333623086&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Redwall-Next-Adventure-Tyrone-Savage/dp/B004L1DB8M/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333623086&sr=1-2

I need to order that. I think it's appropriate for kids. Watched a little on you tube. Nothing wrong with it and tis totally kid proof except for all the dying.

WildDoogyPlumm

My 8-year-old sister was okay with watching it.  I would say no to anyone under six or seven, but anyone over that would probably be okay.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

My used-yo-be 8 year old brothers watched it... TWICE! It's not bad.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Well, if they showed a little bit of blood, they may as well have shown lots, and then, BAM! It's not a kids' show anymore.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I know, but the battles get pretty graphic in the books, there's no denying that.