News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Jan 18- Sopa Strike

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, January 15, 2012, 02:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

Bragoon

Very unpleasant stuff.  Part of the problem is that neither party is really in the right. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Melody

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................that makes for a really weird argument.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

How is the opposition not in the right light? Take Google- they seek to uphold Silicon Valley and all its goals (freedom of speech on the internet, net neutrality, ect.) and to stop piracy- but not sacrifice any of the aforementioned. Their willing to take OPEN as a starting point, as many else are. The question is, will the stubborn pro-SOPA/PIPA corporations and persons come and meet them at the table.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Bragoon

No, I agree, SOPA needs to be stopped.  What I'm referring to is the arrest of Megaupload.com's founder and Anonymous' response to it.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Yeah, I was thinking you meant that after I posted. And yes, probably not the best response. Annoymous's actions are always controversial.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on January 19, 2012, 11:01:28 PM
Wow. The FBI shut down the file-sharing site Megaupload.com, and arrested its founder this morning.
Wow. I think my dad uses Megaupload or something.
I don't think anyone has a right to butcher the Internet. No country has the right to do that. I wish I could do something, but I can't. :'( My mum says there are evil things on the internet that need to be done away with, but I'm not willing to give up internet freedom just so those sites can be shut down.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Wheat and tares, Tiria, wheat and tares.

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

The parable of the wheat and tares. The tares (the bad stuff) was allowed to grow with the wheat (the good stuff) until it was time to harvest, at which time the tares were separated from the wheat, and burned.

Basically, you can't remove the bad stuff from the internet with hurting the good stuff.

Melody

right but in that parable the wheat and tares grew up together until harvest then they were seperated.

Matthias720

Quote from: Melody on January 20, 2012, 03:00:16 PM
right but in that parable the wheat and tares grew up together until harvest then they were seperated.
I thought that was apparent from what I said. Was I unclear?

Melody