News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Hunger Games discussion

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 23, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

So, I loved the books and I'm going to see the movie tonight!

What do you guys think about the series and/or the movie?

RedwallForever12

Well... I didnt really enjoy the books that much. Too much kissing for me to handle.  :-*  :-\
"Friendship is something that th blind can see and the deaf can hear"

RP Description:
  Creature: Ferret
  Color: Sable
Attitude: Sly, suspicious, natural mother
Extra: Loves to poison enemies, is nice to good creatures.
           HATES Wildcat

Wolfstar

I saw the movie and it was Awesome!!! ;D  I now want them to do the sequels.
And don't worry about the kissing, there is very little of it even though I did not read the books.
Happy and kind.

Icefire

Quote from: Wolfstar on March 24, 2012, 01:07:46 AM
I saw the movie and it was Awesome!!! ;D  I now want them to do the sequels.
And don't worry about the kissing, there is very little of it even though I did not read the books.
Wow! So they took out most of the kissing? Usually I'm angry when they mess with stories, but I actually don't mind in the case of kissing...

YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS?!?!?!?!? :o That is unacceptable! >:( ;)

I've read the first two books and I'm hooked. I didn't like them...in fact I really didn't like them...but I had to read them. I enjoy them more now that I kind of get the why behind the books. I'm going to see the movie on Sunday!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Skipper

I knew nothing about the hunger games until the trailer and i have to say it looks really good

winifred

My Aunt is trying to get me to read the hunger games books.I'm going to. I know the movie just came out it looks good! Any thoughts? ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Dannflower Reguba

Teenagers running around trying to kill eachother ............................ :-\
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

nevermind...

Mad Maudie

i loved the book and the movie  here is something i found it very interesting and could not wait to see the movie after reading it by the way i am 12 and i read it it is not that bad :)

The Hunger Games is a young-adult, dystopian novel written by Suzanne Collins. It was originally published on September 14, 2008. The book is the first in The Hunger Games trilogy, followed by Catching Fire, then Mockingjay.

In the novel, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and 18 from each of the twelve districts, putting them against each other in a game of survival where they are forced to fight one another to the death. The victor then wins a new house for themselves and their families in their District, along with food, fame, and wealth.
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

That's barbaric. Still, I might read them when I'm older.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

I'm in the middle of reading the first one right now!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Wolfstar

I saw it already and it was good.  I would not be surprised if they made the second and the third one.
Happy and kind.

Mad Maudie

well there already are three books and they are hoping to make all  of them as movies i went and saw the movie it was great!
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

rakkety tam

Quote from: winifred on March 26, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
My Aunt is trying to get me to read the hunger games books.I'm going to. I know the movie just came out it looks good! Any thoughts? ;D
holy cow thats the exact same thing that happened to me my aunt is trying to get me to read the books but i'll probably just wait for the movie
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Mad Maudie

well the movies out i went with my mom older sister and brother and now my sister and brother can't wait to read the book my mom already read it it rocks!!!!!!
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~