News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole

Started by Dannflower Reguba, March 28, 2012, 03:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which book is your favorite?

The Capture
2 (9.1%)
The Journey
1 (4.5%)
The Rescue
0 (0%)
The Siege
2 (9.1%)
The Shattering
0 (0%)
The Burning
2 (9.1%)
The Hatchling
0 (0%)
The Outcast
0 (0%)
The First Collier
0 (0%)
The Coming of Hoole
0 (0%)
To be a King
0 (0%)
The Golden Tree
0 (0%)
The River of Wind
1 (4.5%)
Exile
0 (0%)
The War of the Ember
0 (0%)
Can't Decide
7 (31.8%)
Haven't read any
6 (27.3%)
Don't like the books
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Lutra

Ga'Hoole's books are far better than the film.  The film looked absolutely amazing...you'll forget they aren't real owls.  Plus I liked the music as well.  Plot....well, it is kind of like Star Wars, and it deviates from the book too much.  Still aren't sure if they plan to make a sequel, but they definitely left it open to get the sequel back on track with the books....nobody saw Kludd die. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dalek Fur

The bad part: I found over fifty things that compared the book to the movie

Tannsrall

I was going to read the books in 5th grade, but then I moved on to 6th and didn't find them again. I thought the movie was okay, but it could have been way better.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Lily

I just merged the new Guardians topic with the one that was started a few months ago to keep all discussion in the same place. Please make sure you check before starting a new topic.

Carry on. :)

Dannflower Reguba

Hey! Don't dis the movie! The movie was excellent in its own way. Just because they did a horrendous job making movie-book comparisons doesn't detract from the quality of the movie, just its authenticity. 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

I'm still dissing the movie! I, for one, hated it.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 02, 2012, 03:17:32 AM
I'm still dissing the movie! I, for one, hated it.

:P Then go somewhere else if you have nothing nice to say about this series.  :P

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

...but I still loved the series. It's because I loved the series that I hated the movie.

Dannflower Reguba

You're missing my point then, The movie was great despite its inaccuracy. You simply CAN NOT deny that!

W0NWILL

The animation was wonderful, but I simply didn't like it.

Rainshadow

I thought the movie was good for it's own reasons.  Even if you are a fan of the series, it's still a good movie.  It's kinda like the How To Train Your Dragon movie.  It was a really good movie, but it had almost nothing to do with the books.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dalek Fur

I guess it depends on the person. One person might love, love, love the books, but hated the movie because he already read the book series and it was nothing like the book. A second person might love the movie, but hate the book series because he saw the movie first.

Rainshadow

I read most of the books first, but I still like the movie.  Maybe I'm just weird that way. :-\ :-\
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

So, should i read the books first, or see the movie first
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dalek Fur

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 02, 2012, 05:56:37 PM
So, should i read the books first, or see the movie first

It doesn't matter, eveyone has their own different opinion on both