News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

Speaking of Which,

Am I the only one who knows this exists?

(You can find the full movie in parts on dailymotion)

Tungro

Jukka the Sling

I've seen those!  (Don't know if I *technically* finished watching them since I tuned out from time to time while the siblings watched... but yeah.)

(By the way, double-posting is frowned upon in boards that count posts.  Just so you know in future. :))
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Yes.
What do you think it's going to be about? Are they going to have him tell some of his stuff, and "illustrate" them, while at the same time showing his life?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Good question.  The IMDb synopsis says: "Tolkien explores the formative years of the orphaned author as he finds friendship, love and artistic inspiration among a group of fellow outcasts at school."  I'm afraid they're going to try and draw too many false one-to-one comparisons between his life and his works, though.  *sigh*  Oh well, I'm still more excited for this than Endgame right now. ;D

I keep wishing that the movie will turn out to be like The Man Who Invented Christmas and have Tolkien's characters being played by real people and talking to him.  Oh my word, I'd SCREAM.  I'm giddy just thinking about how cool that'd be.  Silmarillion characters on the big screen?!  Shut up and take my money!!!

What would be more possible, imo, is there being fantasy sequences as he writes, showing how his stories go.  Which would still be flipping awesome 'cause we might possibly get glimpses of Silm characters.

Whatever happens, I'm gonna be freaking out over the Silmarillion references that'll exist.  Maybe this movie will get more people to read it. ;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Shadow of Korriban

You're weird yo. :-|
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Cornflower MM

You know, I still have yet to get through Silmarillion successfully. :P

The Skarzs

It can take some doing.

I would really want to see some Silmarillion characters too.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 14, 2019, 01:35:49 AM

When you do (because failure in this aspect is not an option. ;D) You will find yourself dissatisfied with the rest of the books, and wanting to read the Silmarillion over and over again. At least, that's what I did. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Grond

yeah its Tolkien's best work in my opinion... 

The Skarzs

Technically the book itself wasn't done by Tolkien, but all the stories were. They were compiled by his son, I believe.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 14, 2019, 01:35:49 AM

I started the Fellowship of the Rings years ago and only got as far a when they hobbits reached the forbidding hedge...

The Shadow of Korriban

I only read the Hobbit for school. :P
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Tungro on February 14, 2019, 12:12:47 PM
I started the Fellowship of the Rings years ago and only got as far a when they hobbits reached the forbidding hedge...
Unacceptable.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

Well all my brother have read them all and filled me in.
(Loved farmer Magot)