Rose's death

Started by Marlfox Vanish, April 01, 2012, 05:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Quote from: Shogg on April 18, 2012, 11:12:22 PM
Well, Martin wouldn't be the same hard old warrior mouse without her death.
Although tears were close when I read it.
Every time
But come on, it would have changed Martin's story, and the whole series, if she lived.
He wouldn't have come to Mossflower, because he would have stayed in Noonvale.
The sword wouldn't have been reforged
Kotir wouldn't have fallen.
Redwall would never have been built.
You're right, cose he would have stayed at Noonvale with Rose forever.

MatthiasMan

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 17, 2012, 03:25:02 AM
Anyone who read that and DIDN'T cry is heartless... or evil... Which is heartless.
Heh, then I'm heartless and evil. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I thought it was very sad when she died. More in the t.v show than in the book. In the book, I was just like "Ok, she died, there's nothing more to it." In the show, however, I was like: That's the saddest part in the whole series.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

W0NWILL

Nor did I, it isn't the saddest part in the series, Bragoon and Saro's death is. And the consiquenses would be terrible. There would be no series, I think that she was meant to die from the start, she never appeared in Mossflower, so Brian could've either 1) left her out entirely or 2) killed her. I think we're all glad he didn't leave her out. Not so glad that he kill her. Personally, I always knew in my heart that she would die. Maybe that's why I didn't cry at her death.

MatthiasMan

I was so close to crying when Rose died.

Redwallfan7

Why didn't Martin run forward to protect her before Badrang slayed her in the t.v series? I love season 3, but come on. I was thinking "Seriously, Martin!"
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Don't tell me, I'm watching that series, and off-topic, but I hate how Pallum is female!

Dannflower Reguba

Sheesh... You guys are so heartless! Martin suffered more than you could possibly imagine and none of you care... Bragoon and Sarobandos' death wasn't that sad... They went out happy and contented.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Dann, stop trying to win sympathisers, please.
And yes, I am heartless. I like the dramatic factor that a tragic death gives to stories. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 29, 2012, 10:30:10 PM
And yes, I am heartless. I like the dramatic factor that a tragic death gives to stories. ;)
Yes, but were talking about Redwall. I don't think the Redwall series should be a series for mass tragidys. It would cind of spoil the holl meanimg of them. And, Unlike you, I am not heartless. I don't think Rose's minds being dead. But think of Martin, think about how sad he must of felt when she died. I don't blame him for crying. I'd probley would cry myself to death if I was him!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Dannflower Reguba

What in the world gave you the idea I was trying to win sympathy!? I am mearly stating fact!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 30, 2012, 12:10:19 AM

What in the world gave you the idea I was trying to win sympathy!? I am mearly stating fact!
Tiria,  I agree with Dann, to me it was very sad. Let others have their own opinion, please.

Flandor

Ok, the fact that we have had two topics about this at the same time and both degenerated into a pointless debate about whether or not it was sad and who is heartless because they weren't that sad when she died is getting ridiculous.

I won't say we're all adults here (because we're not) but we should all know better than to argue over something that has no correct answer.  We can discuss our own opinions about whether or not it was sad when Rose died, or whether or we think she actually passed away, because that's what forums are for: discussion.  Argument is pointless, however.  Of course people have different opinions about it.  There's no need to call people heartless or try and convince them to find something sad when they didn't, and there's no need to consider your own opinions fact and push them on other people.  I don't mean anyone in particular, I mean this whole argument and then one in the other thread as whole. 

I think the debate on this topic is done and over.  We know where everyone stands, and it's not worth anymore argument.  My opinion. I'm not sure why MatthiasMan felt it necessary to revive this topic when we already had one open about the same subject and it was ending up this same way.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer