News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Cluny the Scourge

Started by DeathRage, April 05, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

Urgan was a lot of talk, and not so much fight.  Cluny had what he trumped. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 11, 2012, 12:02:04 AM
eh.... Urgan would have beaten Cluny.

You just never know. Hmmm. Maybe he would have won, but Mr. Jaques wouldn't have ever said anything like that. I wonder.....

Dannflower Reguba

Well we could do it the way everyone on this site likes to do it... Maybe I won't comment on that, but still, Urgan was a fox with an un-addled brain, Cluny was a war-mongering rat!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Something Horrifying

Haha, okay, since there's a thread here about him, I have to admit--Cluny's always been not only my favorite villain but one of my favorite characters in the whole series. Not really sure why, entirely, and I may be alone on this, but as well as seeming very competent and pretty clever, I always thought he was awfully charismatic sometimes. There were times when it was hard not to actually root for him a little, just because he was so interesting. Despite how evil he was and how much I also liked the heroes in that book, it was sad to see him die--I would have loved to read more about him. He always seemed like a character that might have a lot more depth to explore (but then I'm weird about liking to really dig into characters and their motivations/how their minds work). I also just love rats in general, so that doesn't hurt.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

MatthiasMan

Well I guess EVERYONE has their own favorite evil. I agree. Sometimes it was a little hard not to root for him. Probably one of the most well shaped characters in the whole series.

KaiTheDog

Quote from: Something Horrifying on April 11, 2012, 09:24:05 AM
Not really sure why, entirely, and I may be alone on this, but as well as seeming very competent and pretty clever, I always thought he was awfully charismatic sometimes. There were times when it was hard not to actually root for him a little, just because he was so interesting. Despite how evil he was and how much I also liked the heroes in that book, it was sad to see him die--I would have loved to read more about him. He always seemed like a character that might have a lot more depth to explore (but then I'm weird about liking to really dig into characters and their motivations/how their minds work). I also just love rats in general, so that doesn't hurt.

You aren't alone, actually; Cluny is just so big a ham that I would say he's hard to hate! It's no wonder that he has tons of fans.

Primrosewarrior

Something, you read LotR?

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Primrosewarrior on April 15, 2012, 04:06:48 AM
Something, you read LotR?
Oooh yeah. Why, spot the quote in my sig?
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

MatthiasMan

In LOTR Areogon is like Matthias and Frodo is like __. Actually who is he like? Cluny has got to be the evil white wizard guy. What's his name?

Primrosewarrior

I LOVE the LotRs! I'm watching it right now!

Bragoon

Saruman is the evil white wizard.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

That's his name! I always forget it.

Redwallfan7

Didn't Cluny have a sowrd on his tail or something like that
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

That was the cheesiest weapon in the world.