News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Geocaching

Started by Tannsrall, April 09, 2012, 02:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tannsrall

Anyone else here go geocaching? I have found 17 so far.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Bragoon

I've heard a lot about it and done some research on them, but I've never actually gone on a search. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Bragoon

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Wow that's epically awewsome!

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Bragoon

redwallgurl

Looks like fun I want to do that how do you start?
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Bragoon

First you buy a GPS, or get an iPhone or Android that has a Geocache or GPS app.  Then you look up Geocache sites around your area, and go look for one.   

redwallgurl

Ok I'll have to ask my dad to borrow his gps or my friends iphone
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Søren

Quote from: Bragoon on April 10, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
First you buy a GPS, or get an iPhone or Android that has a Geocache or GPS app.  Then you look up Geocache sites around your area, and go look for one.   
Then what?

I'm retired from the forum

Bragoon

If you find it, you can either swap something you have with you with something in the cache (usually people stock them with small trinkets, nothing big), or you can just leave it if there's nothing you want, or if you didn't bring anything with you. 

Some people choose something that they always bring, like a certain bumper sticker or somesuch, to use as a sort of calling card. 

Tannsrall

The main point is to get your unsername on the log sheet and then you go to the website find the one you found and log it on the site and then watch your similes build. My favorite part is trying to find it, the hunt is were the fun part comes in. http://www.geocaching.com/profile/ here is my profile if anyone wants to add me as a friend

I am the law!

-

Bragoon

That links you to the person's own profile, Tannsrall, yours doesn't show up. 

Tannsrall

Oops, I guess you will just have to type in my screen name. I bet you can't guess it.

I am the law!

-