Do you listen to the audiobooks?

Started by Osu, June 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

which redwall books are on audio nowadays. are the more recent ones such as doomwyte, the sable quean and the rogue crew coming out or have been released anytime soon?
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

T-rabbit

Red well is my best audio book. It's fine, I guess, if you have an mp3 player, but I don't and trying to burn them to a CD means having to stop and restart in the middle of a sentence, sometimes in the middle of a word.

T-rabbit

Red wall is my best audio book. It's fine, I guess, if you have an mp3 player, but I don't and trying to burn them to a CD means having to stop and restart in the middle of a sentence, sometimes in the middle of a word.

Dreamer

I've never listened to the audios. I'll have to do that sometime.
~Dreamer~

Redwallfan7

I'm planning to get the audio book of Martin the Warrior. I've heard that Keyla's voice is deeper than in the T.V  show, I'd  like to hear his voice in the book and his song.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

SaberTruth

I have actually never read a Redwall book, I have only listened to the audio tapes (I love the voices they have).

Tam and Martin

I (aka Tam) have listened to all the audio books besides Mossflower, Eulalia, Doomwyte, and the Sable Queen.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

aeryn

I'm a big fan of audio books. I already put a Redwall book on my ipod. While cooking  I'm listening to it.

Dawnwing

I'm currently re-reading the series and listening to the audio tapes if I own them (as I've said before, I got nine of them for $1 each when the library put them out of circulation).  I own Mossflower, Mariel of Redwall, Salamandastron, Martin the Warrior, The Bellmaker, Outcast of Redwall, Taggerung, Loamhedge, and Triss.  The library still has Redwall, Mattimeo, The Long Patrol, Rakkety Tam, and High Rhulain.  I'm hoping to get those this summer if they get rid of them.  The only one of those I havne't listened to is The Long Patrol, and if there's any audiobooks besides those, I haven't heard them.

I'm hoping to convert them to digital - I'd have to use an actual desktop computer, because that would have a stereo line-in jack while my laptop doesn't, and I'd need to drag my parents' old stereo out of the basement and connect that to it because my little portable player doesn't work all that well (I literally have to give it a good whack when it gets fuzzy.)  I have bought the cable to connect it, though.
If/when I do get them converted, though, I'm hoping to make a YouTube video with all the in-between-chapter music because it's fantastic.  One right after another; it would sound amazing.  :)

Oh, also, I just heard a little error in The Bellmaker.  Tape 1, side 2, chapter 5 - Brian Jacques in his narration said "he moaned", and the other actor starts reading his dialogue when someone in the background evidently corrects them (you can hear her voice but not what she says).  Jacques chuckles a little and repeats, "he groaned" and the other guy does his line over and they continue like normal.  I thought that was kind of interesting and I was surprised it made it to the final version.

Tam and Martin

I don't have the audiobook but if you read the first page of Chapter 36 in Loamhedge there's another messup. The book says "Springald kept pace with Fenna". But when BJ says it he says "Springald kept pace with Penna". Then the person that plays Fenna (Rachel Murphy I think) added quietly "It's Fenna" Then BJ asks quizically "Fenna?" Then he does it right the next time. Just wanted to share that. :) :) :)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dawnwing

Cool! I'll listen for that when I get to that book.