News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Posting Crusade

Started by Trigoma, May 27, 2012, 09:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

Hmm. I had that in mind...but I figured I wouldn't mention it since mostly everyone here is mature enough not to.

Maybe Ill create a "Spam" crusade? :3

~Trig~
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

MatthiasMan

Spam crusade? Isn't that the same thing as a posting crusade?

Trigoma

Yes. But a spam crusade would be to see who could get there name on every topic in the whole forum. You don't specifically have to spam, but you post like crazy and try to black out every topic with your name. I could hold a spam competition later I suppose. Of course with rules and such. Sounds like a splendid idea.

~Trig~
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

Quote from: Trigoma on June 01, 2012, 01:08:30 AM
Yes. But a spam crusade would be to see who could get there name on every topic in the whole forum. You don't specifically have to spam, but you post like crazy and try to black out every topic with your name. I could hold a spam competition later I suppose. Of course with rules and such. Sounds like a splendid idea.

~Trig~

Posting for the sake of posting is not what the forum is about.  Having your name show as the last poster on the whole page....isn't that...narcissistic and a waste of time?  ???  I don't see a "spam crusade" any different than a "posting crusade" because they are one and the same--posting useless babble that nobody will read.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

MatthiasMan

That's what I thought. So a posting crusade is a bad idea then?

Trigoma

A posting crusade is not "useless babble". I have not posted any "useless babble" for the sake of posting. I am taking my time by achieving this goal in patience. A spam crusade would not be simply a waste of time, but a forum wide game. Some may see games as a waste of time, but I find joy in doing them. Like I said, it is just an idea floating around. I never said I was bent on doing it right away. :D

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

MatthiasMan

Oh. K then. Couldn't you do a posting crusade in Cavern Hole? Just ask to move the topic.

~MatthiasMan~

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'm locking this topic now. I hope it's already been made clear that a crusade of spam is not going to be tolerated. And neither will rapid posting (flooding) in the Cellars, either.
If you want to help the forum out in activity and contribute, spend time and make posts with actual purpose. Needing to invent a reason for a post is a good sign doing so is irrelevant.
Also, creating a larger workload for us staff isn't very appreciated, either.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away