News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Leatho Shellhound's Art Requests

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 11, 2012, 09:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

For once I can picture the scenes you're drawing pictures of. Good job.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

MeadowR

These drawings are really fun to look at! and I like how you create the complete 'scenes' with lots of great details. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Leatho Shellhound

Here are the last two of the series!!

How to Betray a Dragon?s Hero Book 11

And with this novel we come to the end of my count down to the 12th and final book. But more on that later, Snotlout singing Grimbeard?s song A Hero is Forever while sacrificing himself for Hiccup was for me personaly the best scene in the series! But there is still one more book I have yet to read, and it came out to day and is  called How to fight a Dragon?s Fury, and yes I bought it at Barnes and Noble this morning!

How to Be a Pirate Book 2

This is the scene where Hiccupe has his first good sword fight, since he finds out he is left handed, with the monstrous strangulator in the heaps of Grimbeard the Ghastly?s treasure.

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Rainshadow

Nice!  I love the detail you put into her dress, and the design for the bow is awesome!  Also, that arm tattoo is really cool.  ^v^
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Both of those are so cool!  My favourite thing about the first one (Book 11) is the dragon (is his name Windwalker or something like that?  Gosh, it's been forever since I've read those books.  Dx ); the amount of effort put into his scales and chest scales is awesome, and the wing membrane looks really cool.  :D  And everything about Book 2 looks epic.  I love how you drew Hiccup and Alvin (that's his name, right?  I think it's something like that.  Again, it's been awhile since I've read the HTTYD books), but I especially love the setting.  How long did it take you to draw the treasure and background and such?  I imagine it must've taken awhile.  :o
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Thank you! Yeah, he didn't give me much of a description, which gave me some creative license. :D

click the banner

Rainshadow

Don'tcha just love it when you're given creative license?  It's the best.  ;D

Leatho Shellhound

Truely appreciated! Yes, his riding dragon is named Windwalker, and that is Alvin the Treacherous, you show finish/re-read the series!!! It's so good all together!

And yeah... I drew every coin and jewel... a few months of drawing inbetween school and what not. :) Remind me not to do that again. :D

click the banner

Leatho Shellhound

True, but then you have to come up with many tough decisions, and pray they like it in the end. It is a nice change though, and allows me to try out new things while getting a request done. ;)

click the banner

Rainshadow

Very true, but I just really love the feeling I get when I'm given freedom and people actually like what I come up with.  Like the one time I did a request for Jet that included a half-demon guy and I went, "Oh, he's half-demon?  Well, he should have bat wings and a donkey tail, 'cause that's a stereotypical demon, right?"  Then it turns out that's not what he wanted, but he actually liked it.  It makes me feel good when it turns out not as they expected, but still good.  ^v^

Leatho Shellhound

Quite so!

Over what you said on your thread, about having to work out how to draw animals again. I had the same issue, only the other way around awhile ago. I got a request for a human knight and I just stared at the paper wondering what a person looked like.... some akward not well proportioned drawings later... and I had some that look more normal.

So I know that boat, I think you're learning way faster than I am (plus the fact that this is the first finished request since April). :D

click the banner

Ashleg

Aaa! It's an awesome looking squirrel! :D
She looks amazing. The dress reminds me of fire or something.

((And forgive me if it's not a squirrel and I'm just being crazy old Ashleg...))

Skyblade

These are truly great. The background, detail, just how everything fits together is amazing. They look like they took A LOT of time. Keep it up!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!