News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

What books do you guys like?

Started by Felldoh154, July 05, 2012, 06:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffen

incarceron. very good very very good. also the Darth Bane trilogy.

Skyblade

Besides Redwall, I like Inheritance(series), Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and the Percy Jackson books. I recommend them all, though they might not fit your age level.

And for comics...you should check out Garfield. For manga, Naruto

Oops I forgot some...Maxmum Ride(don't ask me how I forgot that one!) and WarriorsCats(used to, not that much anymore)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rusvul

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 05, 2012, 07:03:06 PM
  Wasn't there already a topic for this?  Oh well.  I like Warriors, Redwall, and Inheritance Cycle.
OMG, those are some of my favorite series too, i also like deltoraquest by emily rodda, percy jackson by rick riordian,dragon rider by cornelia funke, and the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel by michael scott.

Felldoh154

Quote from: Skyblade on July 06, 2012, 10:25:37 AM
Besides Redwall, I like Inheritance(series), Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, and the Percy Jackson books. I recommend them all, though they might not fit your age level.

And for comics...you should check out Garfield. For manga, Naruto

Oops I forgot some...Maxmum Ride(don't ask me how I forgot that one!) and WarriorsCats(used to, not that much anymore)

I read Harry potter, hunger games and percy Jackson never heard of maximum ride either. I need to write some of these down and look in library. I think I go next week

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 06, 2012, 01:06:00 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on July 05, 2012, 07:03:06 PM
  Wasn't there already a topic for this?  Oh well.  I like Warriors, Redwall, and Inheritance Cycle.
OMG, those are some of my favorite series too, i also like deltoraquest by emily rodda, percy jackson by rick riordian,dragon rider by cornelia funke, and the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel by michael scott.

*Gasp*  How could I forget that!  I love Percy Jackson!!!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 05, 2012, 10:21:21 PM
Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 10:19:12 PM
I've read narnia already but thanks

This McDonald thing-I'll have to look into it. Never heard of it

That sounds funny. I never knew there was a book based on a mcdonald's location... and he IS talking about the fast food place, right?

Haha, no, it's not about the restaurant...it's about a private school (called MacDonald Hall), located in Canada, and the 2 main characters (Boots and Bruno) are always getting themselves into trouble...they're really funny and a very enjoyable read, if I do say so myself. :D
There are 7 books in the series by the way.

PS My mistake, it's called MacDonald Hall, not McDonald!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Felldoh154

Lol :P really it's about 2 funny kids who live on the roof of a local McDonald's...

Capn Greypatch

-.-
lol

Definitely see if your local library has them though, they're awesome books!
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Rainshadow

Oh!  Another series to add to the list is The Berinfell Prophecies.  They're really good!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Felldoh154

Ah I have read a few of those I think, is that the one where there are elf kids? I might have the wrong series though, been awhile since I read that.

Redwaller

I like Lord of the Rings and Inheritance Cycle, awesome books. And maybe 20,000 leagues under the sea by Jules Verne.

Felldoh154

Rainshadow

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 07, 2012, 04:21:54 AM
Ah I have read a few of those I think, is that the one where there are elf kids? I might have the wrong series though, been awhile since I read that.

Yeah, the one with the seven elf kids.  You got it right.  I'm just waiting for the third book to come out.

Felldoh154

That's a great book :) I was so sad when that Jet kid died

Rainshadow

Shh!  Some people haven't read the book yet!