News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Infinite Skies: A Legend of Reedbind (OOC sign up)

Started by BrookSkimmer, July 06, 2012, 05:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on July 06, 2012, 05:47:10 PM
Non-canon: Would be things that do not fit into the Redwall universe. i.e. Flying on the back of an eagle.

I'll reserve otter 2 for you!

@Shellhound, you are in!

Now just looking for a female hare and the leader eagle for the Skarlaks!

Sooo, being non-canon means that in this RP, people can do stuff like riding on an eagle?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Yeah, that's pretty much the idea.  :D

In this RP, riding on eagles would be the "non-canon" part.

Dannflower Reguba

Uh Brook... I finished the eagle, mind checking him over?

**Checked and updated! He looks good!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Otter #2.
Name:  Shadow Wildfire
Appearance:  Jet black fur with white flame mark on forehead, stormy grey eyes, dark purple tunic
Strengths:  Excellent with the black bow and arrows she has, excellent swimmer, and very good with the dagger
Weaknesses:  Has a scar on her back that acts up when she exerts herself too much, at times unsure of herself
Dislikes:  Noise, annoying creatures, evil
Personality:  Quiet, kind, doesn't trust people easily, at times unsure of herself
History:  Is a wanderer, used to live at Redwall, but grew tired of that life, daughter of the Skipper of Redwall
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

All updates have been made!

Just looking for a female hare and the Skarlak's leader. I'm thinking of starting this RP this weekend!

Rainshadow

BrookSkimmer

Oh, BTW... you might want to be thinking of an eagle your character will ride on at some point. I'm thinking each of the otters and hares would choose an eagle mount once they reach the mountain and are asked to join the battle.

You won't need to write an application for your eagle of course. However, I think it would be fun to come up with an eagle character for each character.

Flandor

All finished :)

Name: Elgar Whitewhisker
Species: Sea Otter

Appearance: Elgar is a slim and wiry sea otter.  He could be described as being mostly brain and not very much brawn.  He is slightly shorter than average, with narrow shoulders.  However, his eyes are bright and inquisitive, and give the impression that the gears are always turning in his head.  Elgar has average brown fur, but his muzzle and whiskers are flecked with white, a family trait and their namesake.  He wears a plain, faded blue tunic but has a very clean and orderly appearance about him.  His whiskers and fur are always neatly combed.  

Personality: Elgar is incredibly well-mannered and refined for a sea otter.  He lacks the boistrous and rough manner of many of his bretheren, instead enjoying peace and study.  He feels a strong loyalty to his kin, however, and has dedicated himself to preserving the otter lore and history of the holt.  He is well-spoken and well-read, and loves to tell stories and teach youngsters.  Elgar likes order and cleanliness, and his favorite games are those that require strategy and thinking.  He isn't aloof or rude to his fellows, but he does often feel like a bit of a black-sheep, not quite fitting the otter stereotype.  Many of the otters find him a little strange.

Strengths: Good at math, writing, and reading.  Well-spoken and polite.  Strong swimmer.  Wise with age.
Weaknesses: Can seem cold or condescending to others.  Not a talented fighter, unused to much physical exertion.  Is a terrible cook and has no experience surviving in the wilderness.

Likes: Books, stories, puzzles, writing, relaxing with a quiet cup of tea, hot soup.
Dislikes: Hot weather, rowdiness, loud creatures, ignorance, being dirty and unkempt, having things out of order.

History: Elgar was born at Holt Reedbind, the son of two rather unremarkable sea otters.  He was always "different" as a young kit, preferring always to play quietly on his own, read, or talk with the elders.  His peers annoyed him, and he was ever confused about their playful and carefree natures.  When he reached 15 seasons, he travelled with a few other otters to Redwall.  While they visited and left again short after, Elgar opted to stay several seasons to study and learn.  He spent much time with the Recorder at the Abbey, improving his writing and reading every book he could get his paws on, as they were scarce at the Holt.  He very much enjoyed the quiet and peaceful existance at Redwall, but in his 22nd season he began to feel homesick.  He felt he could provide an invalueable service to his tribe using his new found recording skills, and shortly travelled home again to live for good.  He has never taken a mate but is on good terms with most of the otters there, and rarely feels lonely. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Rainshadow

I just made this for fun.  This is Shadow's mount.

Name:  Goldentalon
Species:  Golden eagle
Appearance:  Golden and brown body, gleaming golden eyes
Strengths:  Excellent flyer, talented with beak and talons
Weaknesses:  Can't swim
Dislikes:  Water, darkness
Personality:  Fun, funny, handsome, loud, fierce when it comes to fighting
History:  Son of Goldbeak the Fierce, lives in the mountains

Skipper

BrookSkimmer

Love the eagle Rainshadow!

Flandor, I'll wait to put your info up until your app. is complete. Looks awesome so far!

Flandor

Elgar's profile is all finished! Can't wait to start  ;D
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

BrookSkimmer

AbbotAlf0805

Do I have to be an otter, hare, or an eagle? Cause I really want to join this.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.