"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What is your favorite species?

Started by Superdreuzel, June 14, 2011, 04:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on May 01, 2012, 02:53:22 AM
Did they do that In the t.v series, or in the book?

They were so epic because they were inexperienced.  They were simple creatures standing up for what was right, learning to fight as they went.  That's what made it so incredibly tragic when they were trapped on the beach making their last stand.  If it were the Long Patrol or other trained group of fighters it would have been sad, but these were travelling actors and escaped slaves bravely facing their deaths.  That's one of my all-time favorite scenes.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Dannflower Reguba

Just out of curiosity... What's one of your all time LEAST favorite scenes?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

The end of Taggerung where Deyna just goes all super powerful and survives being shot in the chest and kills the rest of the vermin.  It just kinda fell flat for me. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Dannflower Reguba

Personally, I was really happy with that scene because a chest wound isn't always very serious. If you hit their left chest, yeah, that's where their heart is.... but what if they hit your right chest?

Flandor

It wasn't really the chest wound that bugged me, the whole book kinda dragged and then the end never really felt like it had an appropriate climax.  Idk.  Personal opinion I suppose.

Anyway so as not to get so far off topic, I really love the long patrol hares, and also mice like Luke, a lot of the brothers at Redwall, and the otters who live at redwall in particular, like shad, thrugg, wullger etc.

Dannflower Reguba

Squiggels and ortters are de beft!

Dannflor

squirrels and otters

I agree with you old un
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Dannflower Reguba

Old un! I'm 15 1/2 goofy!
(P.S. Squiddels are amazing!)

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Osu on April 30, 2012, 05:58:34 AM
Moving the thread back on topic, everybody...

I shall now reinforce my love for the hares, for I have recently seen an episode of the cartoon featuring Ballaw. Eeee! ;D I'm going to make him my next avatar for sure!
Have you noticed how Ballaw and Basil are both cross-eyed when they stare straight ahead?  It looks so funny.  :D
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Osu

Bahaha! Yes, yes I have. Just one more reason to love them, I say! XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Osu on May 05, 2012, 04:52:37 AM
Bahaha! Yes, yes I have. Just one more reason to love them, I say! XD
Completely true!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Bluefire

My favorite species are the badgers and otters.

Redwaller

I like Badgers, Mice, Otters, Squirrels, Moles, Hedgehogs, Shrews. ;D ::) 8) ;)

White One6193

BADGER! BADGER BADGER BADGER!!!
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!