Rose (yes, Rose again): Did she actually die?

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 10, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:P

6 (54.5%)
5 (45.5%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Dannflower Reguba

Rose not being dead is NOT taking things way out of context.

1. It is something that could EASILY happen (unlike a mouse having purple fur... You should check the holes in your own arguments before you go blasting others on theirs  :P)
2. There is ALOT of space for this to happen (again, Martin having purple fur is a really tight space to squeeze into)
3. Martin having Purple fur is creative too you know! If you dislike creativity and being optimistic, then the last thing you should be reading is Redwall!

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

You're missing the point, I know that purple fur is unreasonable.  however, if you assume something happens because it never said it didn't, then you could say almost anything and it would be true, including the fact that martin's fur is purple (which i think is widely agreed upon that it isn't). 

Dannflower Reguba

Your missing MY point. Roses' death ISN'T unreasonable. Simple as that.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

psybox

an idea doesn't have to be unreasonable to be untrue, just as something doesn't have to be reasonable to be true.

Felldoh154

Did you read the book? It clearly said rose died. The only reason he said martins fur was purple was to demonstrate how your arguments can be used to demonstrate things that are completely unreasonable.

BrownJumps

If she didn't die then where the heck did she go haha?  Surely she would have a) found her way back to Noonvale b) found Martin or c) been mentioned in SOME other novel?  Even if your coma theory is true, then does it even matter if she was alive or dead?  She'd be as good as dead.

Dannflower Reguba

Pfff. I'm through trying to reason with you guys! None of you get it. You can all just go on with a lead weight were I can soar on the wing of an eagle.  :P

Wisteria Wild Cat

Hahaha. Ya know, I never gave much thought to if Rose really died or not. I guess I just accepted it. But now I find myself second-guessing.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Skipper

Quote"Ahhh. But that's the thing. He didn't say outright that she was DEAD... And besides. he was young, he is no authority on death yet."

It dosn't matter if Brome was young, it would have been quite easy to tell if she was dead.Question, does it say wether they left Rose or did they bury her?

Skyblade

Here is an excerpt from my copy of Martin the Warrior(page 364):

"Snarling with pain and rage, he(Badrang) grabbed the mousemaid. Lifting her easily, he flung her savagely from him. Rose's head struck the wall heavily, and she slid down like a broken doll."

Well, it definetly seems like she died. Badrang lifted Rose easily, which suggests a big difference in size, weight, and strength. And Rose's head hit the wall heavily; a major injury. Still, the coma thing seems interesting. Rose is rather sturdy, and she might have made it. As for where she would go if she survived, well, we'll never know, since Brian Jacques's dead...it it would make a good fanfiction idea, in my opinion.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

W0NWILL

Quotehttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/3817978/1/A_Mask_and_a_Song

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3868656/1/Winters_Flowers

I did not write either of these!

I'll quote my post. These are the best fanfictions I could find that had to do with Rose surviving. I'm a fan of it in fanfictions, but I know that she did die.

Felldoh154

She did die but it would have been cool if she lived

Dannflower Reguba

Well it's nice to see that not everyone screams bloody murder.

Quote from: Wisteria Wild Cat on July 15, 2012, 04:43:37 AM
Hahaha. Ya know, I never gave much thought to if Rose really died or not. I guess I just accepted it. But now I find myself second-guessing.

Quote from: Skyblade on July 15, 2012, 03:27:23 PM
Here is an excerpt from my copy of Martin the Warrior(page 364):

"Snarling with pain and rage, he(Badrang) grabbed the mousemaid. Lifting her easily, he flung her savagely from him. Rose's head struck the wall heavily, and she slid down like a broken doll."

Well, it definetly seems like she died. Badrang lifted Rose easily, which suggests a big difference in size, weight, and strength. And Rose's head hit the wall heavily; a major injury. Still, the coma thing seems interesting. Rose is rather sturdy, and she might have made it. As for where she would go if she survived, well, we'll never know, since Brian Jacques's dead...it it would make a good fanfiction idea, in my opinion.

Thank you for the much more toned down post. I have alot easiar of a time listening to you because you take multiple variables into consideration.

Skyblade

Thank you danflorreguba. I just don't like taking sides usually. Anyway, if Rose was alive that would be interesting.

@WONWILL thanks for the fanfiction lists

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Felldoh154

Ya I'm sorry I didn't look at both sides and shot your idea down so harshly, :(