News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Rose (yes, Rose again): Did she actually die?

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 10, 2012, 04:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:P

6 (54.5%)
5 (45.5%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Skyblade on July 16, 2012, 01:49:10 AM
Thank you danflorreguba. I just don't like taking sides usually. Anyway, if Rose was alive that would be interesting.

@WONWILL thanks for the fanfiction lists

Yeah, the fictions are amazing. I'm working on the second right now.

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 16, 2012, 02:20:14 AM
Ya I'm sorry I didn't look at both sides and shot your idea down so harshly, :(

If mistakes were grains of sand, the entire world would be a giant desert.  :)

(lol, I'd probably have the Sahara all to myself!  :D)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

I'm sure I didn't make a mistake. Rose died. I already talked about how stoats are way bigger than mice, and Badrang was probably in a rage, which makes him stronger.
Also, even if Rose did survive, her parents wouldn't have let her follow Martin. I have to say I rather like the idea of Rose surviving and going off to find Martin against her parents' wishes, cause it would be a nice romantic fanfiction.
I heard of this person who was really nice, then got a brain disease, and when he recovered, he was still nice, but he would have these bad moments where he wasn't himself. It would be interesting if that happened to Rose.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Felldoh154

Rose did die, our mistake was shooting the idea down, he is free to imagine it whatever way he likes

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, true. Now I'm off to write that fanfiction. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Felldoh154

Skipper

AHA! Proof! If you have the 'Tribes of Redwall Mice' and you turn to mouse heroes it says under Rose: Martin calls her 'the warrior who uses the voice instead of the sword', and after her death-' etc etc, proof, written by the author himself, can't be much clearer than that.

Dannflor

Yes she did They Must of waited a few day's for some creatures to say goodbye and they buried her so I have to say She Died
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

psybox

too many people (on both sides, i might add) seem to be giving weak arguments, for example, Dannflor (the one who posted right above me), Comas can last for much more than a few days.  On the other side of the argument, believing something happens simply because they never stated that it didn't is a really weak argument. 

Lutra

Quote from: psybox on July 28, 2012, 12:26:48 AM
too many people (on both sides, i might add) seem to be giving weak arguments, for example, Dannflor (the one who posted right above me), Comas can last for much more than a few days.  On the other side of the argument, believing something happens simply because they never stated that it didn't is a really weak argument. 

I believe the "she died" side has given strong enough arguments.  Read the whole thread.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Skipper on July 27, 2012, 07:50:50 PM
AHA! Proof! If you have the 'Tribes of Redwall Mice' and you turn to mouse heroes it says under Rose: Martin calls her 'the warrior who uses the voice instead of the sword', and after her death-' etc etc, proof, written by the author himself, can't be much clearer than that.

I STILL stand that in the book MARTIN THE WARRIOR, it was never stated... "Tribes of Redwall Mice is a side book that I haven't even heard tell of, and refuse to use it as a factual source... Mods can you please either delete or lock this topic? I'm erasing the poll.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skipper

But Brian wrote the book so it is still proof, sorry if this seems rude to you but in my opinion it seems like your being quite stubborn and for some reason you can't bear to belive rose is dead.

W0NWILL

The thing is, that's exactly it. Let him be stubborn and use his imagination.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Skipper on July 29, 2012, 08:59:06 AM
But Brian wrote the book so it is still proof, sorry if this seems rude to you but in my opinion it seems like your being quite stubborn and for some reason you can't bear to belive rose is dead.

It's a good thing your saying that to me and not someone else because that SOUNDS really rude... I get your meaning though, but that still doesn't prove it in my perspective. I still wan't to see DIRECT proof. Not some exerpt from some weird book I know nothing about. And Authors make mistakes. He wouldn't have fudged this in Martin the Warrior... (Actually even there he could have)... But that would be an easy mistake to make in another book.

Lutra

So you doubt Mr. Jacques knew what he was doing?  I think the "poof" you seek is in the other ball court, not yours, but you're still wishing you had the ball to make your play. ;)  I'm glad to see someone really trying to prove and state why their opinion is correct, but I feel you're losing your argument because there's too much evidence against what you think.

Besides this is a fiction book, not something like border control. ;)  No reason to lose sleep over it.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Moss the Warriormaid

I have never really been sure if Rose had died or not.

Maybe Brian would have wrote a book or something about if Laterose died or not if he himself had not been killed by that heart attack?