News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

String Instruments

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 29, 2012, 10:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Post about it here if you play a stringed instrument (like violin, cello, etc.)
I play violin.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

I play the cello. Cellos are many, many times better than violins.

Flandor

I play electric bass.  I would absolutely love to learn cello someday, but I think that violin music is the most absolutely beautiful thing.  Cello is gorgeous too though.  My brother is well on his way to becoming a professional violist.  Viola is very pretty too :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

W0NWILL

Cello has more range then violins, I could play what Tiria could play on the violin on my cello. She couldn't play what I play on my cello on her violin, thus, cello is better. It sounds beautiful as well.

Rainshadow

I want to play the violin so badly!  Right now I play electric bass and electric guitar.  Not so much with the electric guitar, but I can sort of play it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flandor

I think violin and cello are beautiful in their own ways.  They're best together! String quartets are lovely.  And I've gained an appreciation for viola listening to my brother play.  It has a very unique tone.

Electric bass is very fun though. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

W0NWILL

CELLOS HAVE THE POWER TO RULE THE WORLD!

Tiria Wildlough

Watch this, and you'll be convinced otherwise. ;)

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 29, 2012, 11:00:11 PM
Cello has more range then violins, I could play what Tiria could play on the violin on my cello. She couldn't play what I play on my cello on her violin, thus, cello is better. It sounds beautiful as well.
Well, violins can go REALLY high.
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

my brother plays the guitar. He knows how to play several songs on both acoustic and electric guitar.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Cool. My dad plays guitar.
I was wondering, do harps count as string instruments?
I'm not a hipster.

Rusvul

watching that vid convinced me of nothing. my mac's sound is dead, ad my pc is doing some weird startup repair. i hope it's ok. and i am afraid i am going to have to agree with wonwill, i like cello (or is it viola) better. blah, cant remember. i actually think it's viola. that's slightly deeper than violin, corect me if i'm wrong.

W0NWILL

Take a look at this!

And this!

AND!

Tiria Wildlough

Hah, let's have a war of music vids!

I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

The Haygoods are a family consisting of seven brothers and one sister (or something like that, I may be wrong) I met her, she's really good playing the harp. She's been performing with her brothers since she was two, and she's twenty now. I saw them once in Branson Missouri.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

hahahahahaha the glacial setting for that one is awesome.... i bet she froze her face off..... skydiving with a cello  :o i must say that viola is still probably my favorite if i had to pick, but honestly, i dont want to. i actually think that a classical song should have more than one kind of instrument. percussion, woodwinds, brass, strings, and what im forgetting as well. like this:
http://failpwned.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d53w2qh
or this:
http://failpwned.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4oovxx
or even this:
http://failpwned.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4dv9w5
those are my three fave songs of all time. lol