News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Any other Maximum Ride fans?

Started by W0NWILL, August 09, 2012, 06:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

There has to be at least one other person around here that's at least heard of them. Great books.

Maximum Ride
It follows the story of six flying kids, Max, their leader, Fang, blind Iggy, talkative Nudge, Gasman(Gazzy), and Angel. They escaped from the 'school', a lab that specializes in genetics. The author is James Patterson. They are books meant for raising awareness to global warming.
[close]

Tiria Wildlough

I've read one of them. I LOVED it.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

W0NWILL

Yay, I'm not the only one! What's your favourite flock member? I like Iggy. I can sorta relate to him, besides the blindness. And the wings.

Tiria Wildlough

I don't know. I kind of like Nudge because I'm a bit like her. She's also my age. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skyblade

Revive!

I find these books engaging.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

I loved these books! The first few were really good, but after that it started getting hard to follow and made almost no sense. But I still love them! Have you guys heard about the new Maximum Ride book coming out? I can't remember where I heard it, but I read that there would be another book.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

I honestly liked the older ones better as well. But the entire series is great and very creative.

There's a new one?? I thought Nevermore was the last! :o

Eulaliaaa!

Same here. But there's a new one coming out called Max Forever, or something. At least, I'm pretty sure there is.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jukka the Sling

I've looked into these a bit, and I'm thinking of reading them.  According to the original poster, though, they're supposed to teach about global warming.  Is this true?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Well, there is quite a lot of global warming talked about, but from what I remember, the series doesn't revolve around that. It's mainly about Max and her flock trying to survive. They're really good books until later in the series. Then they become confusing, rushed, and hard to believe or follow. I still read them and enjoyed them, but the last few could have been written way better.

Skyblade

The first ones are better, but the whole series is great! They do touch on global warming, but not in the earlier books.

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 16, 2015, 07:33:27 PM
Same here. But there's a new one coming out called Max Forever, or something. At least, I'm pretty sure there is.

Oh my goodness. I just looked it up, and it is real O.o It's called Maximum Ride Forever. It's actually already out.

Eulaliaaa!

It's already out?!?!?! Must have (probably not worth buying, I'll see if my library has it)...  ;D

Skyblade

Have you read the manga? I like them.

Eulaliaaa!

I've actually not, are they any good?

Skyblade

I personally think they are. The art is very good, that's for sure.