News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Times [[[Office]]]

Started by Trigoma, August 12, 2012, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Yes and maybe the poll could be a favourite redwall book or character or place in redwall or.....well lots of other things. But who's going to write the paper  ???

Redwaller

Thanks for the replies! But we'll still need more then three of us to get this going.  ;)

And I'm not sure if you read every post in the thread, plus the original thread. I'm thinking of asking the mods to close this thread, and I'll open a new one where I'll be the OPer so I can put information in the OP.

And now for the suggestions:
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 28, 2013, 02:38:06 PM
-You could have an art work of the week.
I thought of that the other day, and I think it's a good idea, but here are a few specifications on it:

• It would be one artist at a time.

• The artist would PM the President(Since Trigoma is gone, I'm going to be president) his list of the ones he wants to have rated(I'll make a special thread for that).

Quote-You could have a section where people could advertise there RP's or their Art.
    I'll think this over.  ;)

Quote-You could have a new arrivals section. 
    Good idea!

Quote from: rachel25 on September 28, 2013, 02:53:25 PM
    1. you could have a Redwall one shot posted in the paper from the Fanfiction broad (but we would need the authors permission)
    To be thinked over.  ;)

Quote2. we could write up the latest news on what's going on around the forum.
    Not much going on for now, but to be considered.

Quote3. we could say in the paper the best and most favourite topics on the forum.
    To be thinked over.  ;)

Quote4. someone could maybe write a little on going redwall cartoon to go in the paper.
    That's what I was thinking about, and I'm ready to do it!

Quote5. we could maybe ask the Mods if they could post the paper up somewhere for everyone to see  ;D
    I was thinking that a special section could be made for it, since it's going to take a lot of place.

Quote6. we could write a little something about a member who has done something to help the forum
    Not sure what that would be.

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 28, 2013, 02:59:27 PM
    -You could have a pole in the paper.

-You could have a Quot from the books or a song in the paper.
    ...At the beginning of the journal! Brilliant!

And I'll contact all those that used to help with this, and ask them if they are still ready to do this!

Jukka the Sling

I might be able to help with something! This sounds really cool!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Redwaller

I'll need a few days to organize things over, and I'll come back to you as soon as I'm ready!  ;)

Redwaller

I got this fun idea:

What if we had a token-based system to determine the number of times you could advertise your things in the Journal.

To get tokens you would have to win little competitions, tournaments and the such.

Each tournament(etc) would tell how many tokens you got if you won.

Thoughts?

Faiyloe

That sound cool but we don't have many contests on the boards. Would they be the newspapers contests?  also the people who don't win any contest should also get a chance to have there advertisements up too. Maybe the token advertisements are put in a special place, or maybe they allow you to have more than one.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

Okay, here's a few things to clear up:

1. First, you can get as many tokens as you win

2. At default, members would have a fixed number of tokens each, and if they want more, they can just participate in the small competitions.

3. The competitions could range from writing small essays, to solving riddles.

4. To avoid having the same member winning all the time, if you've got a certain number of tokens, you judge the competitions to avoid overflow.

Is it clearer now?  ;)

rachel25

Crystal clear Sir!  ;D and I like the idea so when are we starting up the newspaper then  :)

Redwaller

Once I get a response from the old staff.  ;)

Faiyloe

W0NWILL

Announcements : Keeper

Season Namers :  Throwaway. Not that important and when a new one is named, it can go in announcements.

Absences and returns : Keep. Though it's covered in the front lawns, this is still a solid part of the newspaper.

Prayer Requests : Iffy keep. While I love the fact that people care, I really don't think this newspaper should be leaning towards theism nor atheism. So if anyone has a better name, by all means, share it.

Top game & top poster : Into the bin. They aren't really relevant to this, and when the top poster changes, we can put it into the announcements.

Birthdays : Wonderful part, definately to be kept.

So that's the things in the first post, and to cap off this post, right now the newspaper, with all its add-ons, should look like this:

Faiyloe

I believe that the Prayer Requests should be kept. By removing it you are leaning towards atheism which defeats your intentions. People don't have to read that part if they don't want to