News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Frappuccinos, anyone?

Started by Redwallfan7, August 17, 2012, 02:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I love those... cold coffee is really good.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Don't take offense to my response, but they are disgusting calorie bombs.  All coffee needs is a bit of sugar and cream to take the edge off of it.  Places like Starbucks take an otherwise healthy beverage, and make it worse than sodas.  I will never pay more than $2 for coffee.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Flandor

They're ok as a dessert item but I couldn't drink them often.  I have a horrendous sweet tooth and they're even a bit sweet for my taste.  I do like homemade iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk though.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Well, everyone has different opinions. *shrugs* Anyway, I only drink them sometimes.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Lutra on August 17, 2012, 03:03:46 AM
Don't take offense to my response, but they are disgusting calorie bombs.  All coffee needs is a bit of sugar and cream to take the edge off of it.  Places like Starbucks take an otherwise healthy beverage, and make it worse than sodas.  I will never pay more than $2 for coffee.
No, I don't see how anyone could be offended by that. :|
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Rusvul

i never drink any coffee ever. it is disgustingly bitter, in my opinion. a few hours on the computer in the morining is what helps me wake up XD

Trigoma

So good...

Wish I had the money to buy some.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

UNKN0WN

Redwallfan7

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 23, 2012, 03:15:30 AM
what is a Frappuccino?
It's a sweetened coffee, with extra sugar, and sometimes caramel and whipped cream are added.

Something Horrifying

It's a blended beverage from Starbucks (kind of like a milkshake, but there's no ice cream, it's just blended with milk and ice), that comes in many different flavors. There are coffee-based ones, and non-coffee like vanilla bean, strawberry and cream, green tea, etc. You can do pretty much any combination of flavors Starbucks has, and they're highly customizable (even moreso since the recipe changed a couple years ago).

I'm not a big fan, personally, since I prefer strong coffee (I do flavor too, but I love my iced americano with extra shots, or my iced double shot in the dark--that's two shots of espresso in a drip coffee, for those that don't know). I've figured out some good combos, though. I've actually considered making a thread with drink ideas for those that like Starbucks...I've got lots of customized ideas that people seem to adore when I make samples. I actually even have an entirely original drink recipe I've come up with that's a HUGE hit anytime someone tries it...I always get told I should submit it to the company. I'm sorta smug about that drink. ;)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Redwallfan7

I also really love cappuccinos, especially during the Christmas season

UNKN0WN

Redwallfan7

My cousin loves coffee. My friend drinks coffee every day. I think that's a little too much, I love  coffee but I wouldn't want to drink it every day.

Endar Feyblade

Skipper

Strangley I find it nice, turns out my dog likes the vanilla and cappucino flavour.